The Global Account Manager (GAM) is responsible for generating new revenue from the sale of high bandwidth IP transit services together with associated value-added services, to ISPs and Internet-centric companies, both domestically and internationally. This role focuses on transactional acquisition of new logos and requires significant analysis of technical and commercial terms. In addition, the GAM may be assigned existing customers, where the GAM is responsible for managing all aspects of account needs. Within assigned accounts the GAM will have a focus of driving incremental new revenue, while providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate new sales consistent with monthly targets
- Prepare commercial and technical service proposals and ensure such proposals are technically and commercially sound
- Development and maintenance of strong relationships with business executives in prospect and customer organizations
- Development of close working relationships with NTT international affiliate companies
- Development of a sales plan consistent with department objectives.
- Track, manage, and report ongoing activity relative to plan
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for participating and successfully completing all companywide mandates/training in a timely manner.
- Complies with all Ethics and professional standards.
- Complies with all corporate and organizational security policies and guidelines.
- Abides by all policies and procedures.
- Comply with all corporate and organizational security policies and guidelines.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Good knowledge of key global IP companies and their respective strengths and weaknesses.
- Good knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Good knowledge of Salesforce.com or similar CRM.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of high-tech sales experience preferably selling to wholesale consumers of bandwidth
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or related field preferred.
- Development of complex multi-component business solutions within the Technology and/or ISP industries
- A track record of over-achieving sales quotas
- Thorough understanding of the underlying technologies and economics of the Internet.
- Must be familiar with the unique technical requirements of IP Transit network customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to efficiently communicate to senior management both within and outside the company.
- Ability to prepare and deliver professionally structured and written customer proposals with limited supervision.
- Ability to work efficiently with finance, sales engineering, legal, IP engineering resources
- Flexibility to work outside of standard 8am-5pm US time zone hours.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, or as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, marital status, parental status, Pregnancy or maternity status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status or reassignment, veteran's status, political affiliation, age or disability. Or any other status protected by applicable Federal, State or local law.
NTT America is an EEO Employer- Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.