The Director of Network Reliability is responsible for cultivating and ensuring the performance of the Network Security and Network Operations teams. These teams support the real-time operations of the Global IP Network Operation Center by executing non-real time functions to build, sustain, and improve the network. They also offload resource-intensive work from the NOC to ensure correct and timely response to network events and external parties. The Network Security Team also operates the DDoS Protection Service and protects the network in real time, to ensure the reliability of the network.
The Director will also play a vital role in supporting the entirety of the network and department; working with all operations teams to effect stability in the network, create and optimize workflows, support external parties, and collaborate with other departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and oversee the network security and operations teams
- Ensure the effective planning and implementation of add/change/delete activities
- Maintain proficiency and up-to-date knowledge of technological and commercial developments in telecommunications (e.g. network and optical devices, security, operational methodology and philosophy)
- Work with and provide feedback to other departments to improve planning, procurement, and development
- Manage the execution of their teams to ensure quality, consistency, and resiliency of GIN
- Provide leadership and ensure competency of managers and individual contributors
- Maintain vendor relationships, track and feedback on their performance internally and externally
- Work on legal documents with external parties and internal approval processes; provide assistance on such department-wide
- Propose staffing plans, skill requirements, and the appropriate organizational structure to meet operational goals and ensure operational needs are met
- Develop, mentor, and arrange training of their reports to ensure departmental goals are met
- Ensure tight integration and foster collaboration between their teams, the other operational teams, and other departments within GIN
- Ensure that maintenance procedures, policies, and changes to the network are operationally sound, within this department and across other departments
- Advise on new technology
- Ensure the ongoing analysis/optimization of the network and its performance
- Ensure appropriate metrics are used to quantify the health of the network and the severity of failures
- Ensure other groups are advised of infrastructure changes that are necessary to meet service quality requirements and growth targets
- Lead internal projects to improve the Global IP Network and its service
- Create and present operational reports, technology reviews, network health analysis, and topics of interest internally and externally
- Contribute to and assist with department level budgeting
- Act as an escalation point for customers, peers, and internal teams via phone, email, and face to face
- Flexibility to work outside of standard 9am-6pm local time zone hours
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, both domestically and internationally, as required
- Comply with all corporate and organizational security policies and guidelines.
- Performs myriad tasks as required and/or assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate level study in physics, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or a related quantitative discipline (or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years knowledge and experience in network operations and security
- 5+ years managing large scale network operations
- Proven ability to work accurately and have attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of network architecture, operations, security, and logistics
- In-depth experience and knowledge of critical internet infrastructure, governance, and policy
- Strategic planning combining technical knowledge, analytical ability, sound judgement, and a strong operational focus
- Experience managing vendors, carriers, facilities, and remote teams
- Proven problem-solving skills; experience and background in solving complex network problems and defeating (or exploiting) security threats
- Good organizational and time management skills; the ability to organize, prioritize, and articulate job tasks to ensure successful execution
- Successful project management experience
- A proven business sense
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A well-developed operational philosophy consistent across both normal and failure states, based upon experience dealing with emergencies and addressing short term abnormal situations while keeping long term goals in mind ability to be a team player, works effectively with others with positive cooperation.
- Ability to communicate, both internally and externally, in an effective, timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to accept accountability for results.
- Strong Computer skills, including MS Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, marital status, parental status, Pregnancy or maternity status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status or reassignment, veteran's status, political affiliation, age or disability. Or any other status protected by applicable Federal, State or local law.
NTT America is an EEO Employer- Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.