Test Development Manager
|Location:||Paramit - Corporate Headquarter|
|# of openings:||1|
Paramit is a rapidly growing international medical device contract design and manufacturing company that has been designing, and manufacturing high quality medical and life sciences instruments. Headquartered in Morgan Hill, CA, we offer a rewarding work environment with global opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused culture.
We are currently actively searching for a dynamic Manufacturing Test Development Manager to join us to lead a team of experienced HW, SW engineers involved in developing automated test platforms/fixtures for PCBA, electro-mechanical sub-assemblies and full system test.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead a team of 4-6 EE, SW engineers in developing functional test fixtures for electro-mechanical, optics, fluidics assemblies and PCBAs
· Provide technical leadership and customer interface for: PCBA automated functional test systems, fully assembled customer systems and/or subsystems, reliability and verification of the functional test area in a medical device manufacturing organization.
· Create project plans, resources plans, budgets and track the projects to align with the customer’s development schedule
· Develop test strategy and drive projects to develop tests with a clear goal of achieving First Pass Yield goals
· Develop test fixtures for PCBAs, sub-assemblies and system test and lead rapid development of tests using scripting and using industry standard hardware/software components
· Represent Paramit in design reviews with the customer design team and lead the team of engineers to provide DFT analysis and propose custom test strategy
· Be able to root cause difficult electrical failures (including design issues) on a wide variety of complex technologies.
· Must be able to provide innovative solutions to issues found in the test area. Including solutions to issues in process, customer design or test setup.
· Provide technical leadership to a team of technicians and test engineers that perform the day to day testing and troubleshooting.
· Develop creative, efficient test setups for a wide variety of technologies.
· Drive customer quality improvement meetings for all test related issues.
Be pro-active in approach to identifying and solving issues on the manufacturing floor.
o BSEE/MSEE with at least 10 years of experience in test engineering
o At least 5 years of leadership/management experience of managing a team of 4-6 talented EE, SW engineers
· Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
o Strong understanding of system designs, analog/digital circuits, motion controls, and measurement devices/circuits
o Proven experience in developing tests using NI analog/digital I/O, relay boards and automation of digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes and other measuring devices
o Hands-on or leadership experience with LabView and one or more programming languages C/C++, VB, VC#, Python etc. on Windows platform
o Proven track record of having been part of a product development team and understanding the electrical engineering disciplines of Analog, Digital designs
o Strong organizational skills and ability to review/update processes/procedures.
o Proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
· Experience of working with a CM in test development a big plus
· Hands-on development experience with micro-controller based systems designs with PIC, ARM and other platforms
· Experience with ICT or Flying Probe testers a big plus
· Familiarity with ISO 13485, FDA QSR requirements and ability to provide assistance to the product development team in completing DHF for submission to FDA
· Ability to create project plans in MS-Project and ability to track projects to achieve timely completion within budget with quality
· Understanding of complete product development process from concept to production
· Background in electro surgery.
· Hands-on low frequency RF ( 250-400KHz ) experience
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results