Director of Corporate Communications
Scout Exchange is a dynamic and fast-growing software company that is transforming the $500 billion recruiting industry with its innovative cloud-based platform. Scout integrates an easy to use search firm management tool and the world’s largest online recruitment marketplace. Our intuitive platform makes recruiting super-efficient and our use of performance data and machine learning delivers unprecedented recruiting results. The product is proven, with hundreds of millions of dollars in fees posted to the system. It is used daily by dozens of large enterprise customers, hundreds of employers and thousands of search firm recruiters.
At Scout we value creating high customer satisfaction and an awesome product experience as well as great teamwork and delivering on commitments. Our values drive our culture, our decision-making and our success. We give really smart people the opportunities to grow, hit it out of the park and be rewarded for their contributions We also are dedicated to using data, technology and innovation to relentlessly improve recruiting, enabling everyone to find the best: recruiter, job and employee.
We are looking for an exceptional communications leader to join our team. As Director of Corporate Communications you will have a unique opportunity to be part of scaling a successful startup into a significant business. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of Corporate Communications will responsible for developing and implementing Scout communication strategy, including creating, refining, clarifying, unifying and communicating our strategic positioning and messaging, both internally and externally. The role will support executive leadership as a communications advisor and strategist and lead media, analyst and community relations, internal communications, thought leadership, and reputation management.
The successful candidate will apply their business, strategy, message development and communication skills, and work with a great team, to build an important and exciting business. Scout has a great story and we are looking for an awesome communicator to tell the story in order to drive sales, customer engagement and company value.
- Develop and execute corporate communications strategies and plans, and serve as company spokesperson
- Drive and manage the creation of high impact Scout stories for use with news media, analysts and other key audiences and influencers
- Develop new and enhanced thought leadership content and communications programs
- Lead media relations
- Oversee creation and distribution of high quality press releases, working closely with internal experts and resources, and ensuring approvals are secured as needed and appropriate
- Proactively engage media to generate high impact, positive coverage of company, products and executives, consistent with communication strategy
- Handle incoming media requests in a responsive and professional manner
- Lead analyst relations
- Create and manage outreach program and build analyst relations
- Ensure we are effectively “influencing the influencers”
- Enhance reach and impact of Scout’s messages via social media and Partner programs
- Oversee management of awards initiatives, including identifying, submitting, marketing and winning targeted awards
- Oversee and manage communication support consultants and agencies, as and when appropriate
- Advise and support executive team on strategy and implement communication plans for important internal communication, such as messaging, branding and change management, via various company-wide communication methods as appropriate (intranet, town halls, etc.)
- Advise executive team and implement plans in the event of crises/issues that may affect brand or reputation
- Implement key communications policies, protocols, and guidelines
- Oversee communications measurement, including the design and operation of relevant dashboards and report
- 10-15 years of corporate communications experience with enterprise software, HR tech and/or 2-sided marketplace company
- Demonstrated success with significant news media and analyst relations programs, including success in creating and implementing programs for new and innovative products and companies and high-profile technology brands
- Proven capability in creating and implementing thought leadership programs to create awareness and help drive sales and product adoption
- Experience and success with traditional media and analyst channels as well as via social media and partners
- Hands on experience with all aspects of corporate communications
- Skilled at collaborating with cross functional teams at all levels, including senior leaders, and the ability to influence, drive consensus and implement plans to achieve desired results
- Track record of working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and delivering strong, consistent execution against aggressive goals.
- Experience with budget management and resource allocation to support success and efficiency
- Familiar with the latest tools including media monitoring tools (such as Factiva or Meltwater), Media databases (such as Gorkana), Social media monitoring and publishing tools, as well as tools used for Intranets and Publishing
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications required; master’s degree preferred
Skills and Characteristics
- Amazing creative storyteller - able to distill complex concepts into compelling stories and develop a range of platforms to tell them
- Business oriented and analytical - able to use the stories and other content to create desired business outcomes, measure results and focus on the best paths for success
- Great interpersonal skills and collaborative style with ability to build strong relationships with all players, internally and externally
- Confident self-started who can thrive in a dynamic, high growth environment
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional messaging and positioning skills, both strategic and tactical
- Detail-oriented with excellent project management skills
- Natural leader, trusted advisor
- Engaging and Articulate
- Media reach and impact on the business
- Number of impressions and coverage accuracy
- Thought leadership content and coverage / exposure (articles, speaking engagements, …)
- Establish positioning with and following by key analyst;
- Communications program impact (network growth, share of voice, sentiment, influence, and lead and sales contribution)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Equity participation