Scout Exchange is a dynamic and fast-growing software company that is transforming the $500 billion recruiting industry with its innovative cloud-based platform. Scout integrates an easy to use search firm management tool and the world’s largest online recruitment marketplace. Our intuitive platform makes recruiting super-efficient and our use of performance data and machine learning delivers unprecedented recruiting results. The product is proven, with hundreds of millions of dollars in fees posted to the system. It is used daily by dozens of large enterprise customers, hundreds of employers and thousands of search firm recruiters.
At Scout we value creating high customer satisfaction and an awesome product experience as well as great teamwork and delivering on commitments. Our values drive our culture, our decision-making and our success. We give really smart people the opportunities to grow, hit it out of the park and be rewarded for their contributions We also are dedicated to using data, technology and innovation to relentlessly improve recruiting, enabling everyone to find the best: recruiter, job and employee.
Scout is looking for a unique and highly talented individual to lead a skilled and dynamic software team into and through the Agile Scrum environment. Scout is seeking creative thinkers who thrive in a fast-paced engineering driven culture.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Drive agile development process to deliver world-class quality software
- Ensure great team communication to facilitate work flow and reduce cycle time
- Work with product owners to gather, understand, and document product requirements
- Work closely with cross functional teams comprised of engineering, product management, business intelligence and other support functions
- Utilize an Agile Scrum framework to schedule and lead Sprint Planning/Reviews, daily standups and various other team meetings.
- Keep development project(s) on track and on a regular release schedule
- Nurture and empower the team and develop a culture committed to the Agile process, continuous improvement and excellence
- Track and report key performance indicators on project/sprint progress and track and drive resolution of issues consistent with business objectives
- 5+ years in a project management, or related role
- 1+ years hands-on experience as a Scrum Master
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of Scrum techniques, tools and practices
- Self-motivated and a strong problem solver with an emphasis on root-cause analysis and quick resolution of issues.
- Adaptable, have-a-go attitude, willing to learn new skills quickly.
- Relentless focus on improvement, both for yourself, and the product.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience managing software development projects, including complex software architectures and platforms for web-based, enterprise SaaS products
- Experience coaching teams in the implementation of the Agile Scrum Methodology
- Experience with agile tools (such as Jira Green Hopper)
- Strong leadership ability and experience
- Creative thinker with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture
- Technical background in software, business analysis, and data management
- Scrum Master Certification
- PMP Certification
- Knowledge of HR or Recruiting Technology industry a plus
- Technical skills, especially experience with Python, NoSQL databases, Web Service Frameworks and AWS a plus