Senior People Strategist
The Senior People Strategist reports to the Director of HR and will partner with leaders on business strategy and develop and maintain an understanding of the operating environment to proactively deliver solutions. This role is responsible for driving talent management, helping to architect and manage organizational change as well as the delivery of HR programs and services such as employee relations, talent/career development, manager coaching and consultation, talent acquisition of key positions, compensation processes and performance management that create a leading edge culture at Scout.
The Senior People Strategist will be responsible for supporting programs that will enable our people to have the most productive and satisfying work experiences of their careers. The ideal candidate will be focused on understanding the business priorities, our culture and our people opportunities/challenges as we scale. In addition, the Senior People Strategist will help to facilitate administrative issues and a wide spectrum of programming designed to improve the overall employee experience at Scout.
The Senior People Strategist works with multiple areas of the business and provides thought leadership on organizational design and people-related strategy and execution. In this role you will develop and deliver on initiatives to sustain overall org health and healthy cross functional team dynamics. A natural coach, you will guide and support managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex org and talent issues.
Developing strong, trust-based relationships create the conditions for business teams to seek your guidance. A solid understanding of business goals and objectives will further your ability to provide scalable solutions. As a culture-builder, you will look for ways to align programs and objectives with our core values. You are motivated by being an employee champion and change agent. You are comfortable assessing and anticipating HR-related needs. You are able to provide consultative support and guidance on implementation of people programs and initiatives. You can communicate needs proactively with our People + Culture team and business groups and seek to develop integrated solutions.
• 5-8 years’ experience in HR, Organizational Development or a related field
• Passion for understanding and optimizing the day to day experience of our people, and guiding them through their journey
• Partner with managers to proactively address areas of opportunity
• Assist with administrative issues that impact our people
• Deliver consistent focus on building a high-performance culture of growth and development through effective role modeling and team building
• Collaborate with the People Strategy team, ensuring employee initiatives are in line with, and reinforce our company's culture and core values
• Contribute to building and improving upon existing People Strategy data analysis, ensuring the effective utilization of metrics to understand and solve business issues
• Deliver fanatical customer service through clear communication regarding process, timely responses and consultative approaches
• Embrace and consistently follow best practices and company-wide initiatives, providing insights as you learn to help the organization improve
• Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees on various issues, including the interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
• Participate in the development and implementation of new HR policies and procedures according to relevant labor law and policy guidelines.
• Collect, research, and analyze HR data for assigned projects, and make recommendations.
• Participate in the development, implementation, communication, and administration of multiple HR programs and/or activities.
• Working knowledge of HR operations.
• Partner with hiring managers to develop/implement successful departmental and cross functional onboarding plans for the first 90 days
• Facilitate excellence in the implementation of Scout people practices, including Performance Management, Career Development: identification of Top Talent; Workforce Planning.
• Partner with employees and managers at all levels to address and resolve employee relations matters as needed
• Contribute to the development and delivery of manager education initiatives.
• Be a trusted confidante who provides feedback and insight to help create a positive, engaging culture and environment.
• Act as a collaborative partner and leader with the ability to see the big picture and anticipate organization and people needs.
• Solve problems, get to the root cause of any issue and quickly implements solutions.
• A naturally strong communicator and influencer with ability to flex approach as needed to drive solutions.
• Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, compensation and benefits, employee relations, learning and development, and recognition.
• Identifies Learning needs for business units and ensures success of programs for individuals and teams.
• You have a strong generalist background and strive to solve organizational challenges through people-focused solutions
• Driven to produce results that you and your team can be proud of while always bringing a can-do attitude
• Balanced business acumen, empathy, relationship building, and courageous dialogue with unquestionable integrity
• A natural problem solver and influencer. People are comfortable around you, want to follow your lead and hear your perspective
• Approaches challenges with a learning mindset - you are not afraid to try something different and learn from your mistakes
• Is proactive, self-motivated, strong work ethic, amazing attitude
• Unmatched communicator, able to effectively work with discretion and sensitivity across all levels of the business
• Handles ambiguity well – actually thrives in it
• You are a champion of Scout’s culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them reach their goals
• No matter what, you are exceptionally focused on putting people first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help our teams be successful
• You are a creative thought leader who can balance the need to be a strategic partner with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
Limitations and Disclaimer:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at will” basis.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results