Software Developer Engineer in Test
Scout Exchange is a dynamic and fast-growing software company that is transforming the $500 billion recruiting industry with its innovative cloud-based platform. Scout integrates an easy to use search firm management tool and the world’s largest online recruitment marketplace. Our intuitive platform makes recruiting super-efficient and our use of performance data and machine learning delivers unprecedented recruiting results. The product is proven, with hundreds of millions of dollars in fees posted to the system. It is used daily by dozens of large enterprise customers, hundreds of employers and thousands of search firm recruiters. At Scout we value creating high customer satisfaction and an awesome product experience as well as great teamwork and delivering on commitments. We also are dedicated to using data, technology and innovation to relentlessly improve recruiting, enabling everyone to find the best - recruiter, employee and/or job.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will join the QA team. You will develop automated test infrastructure to support leading-edge development and deployment such as continuous integration, continuous build and behavior-driven acceptance testing. As the quality team member responsible for functional, system and integration tests, you will develop in close partnership with software engineers and quality engineers, automated test frameworks and suites that can readily adapt to a fast-changing business environment. You will help developers adopt techniques to improve product quality early and help quality engineers use knowledge of technology to improve the practice of verification and validation.
We have excellent support within our QA roles in the development of test automation:
● well documented Page Object Models (POM)
● high support for QA automation unique HTML/CSS identifiers
● high support for QA automation data generation
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
● Build and improve automation testing frameworks and tools for API and web-based applications.
● Help set up and maintain the Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment environments and pipelines.
● Become a technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) and mentor to individual contributors.
● Drive standardization and adoption of Test Automation Technologies to maintain consistency across the company that will allow us to scale as we grow.
● Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers to release revolutionary products.
● Pair with software engineers to identify and prevent gaps with automation/regression coverage and even build frameworks.
● Be part of transforming web applications into more scalable and resilient systems with high quality, using cloud technologies.
● A track record in a development or test role delivering test software or solutions in a fast-paced environment
● Proficiency in developing in at least one modern programming language (Python/Ruby /Java/Go)
● Proficiency in designing and writing comprehensive scalable test cases and procedures for functional, performance and integration testing
● Inherent willingness to be a total team player, i.e., do what it takes for the team to succeed and achieve
● Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other technical teams, analysts and deliver processes and tools to support the organization
● Experience and familiarity with SCRUM/Agile methodology.
● M.S./B.S. in Computer Science and 4+ years of applicable experience.
● Experience developing in a Macintosh, Linux, Windows environment and in utilizing virtual machines
● Experience evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed tools into the life cycle
● Knowledge of memory profiling
● Experience with performance and load testing automated tools and development of test suites
● Strong analytical abilities and proven design skills
● Ability to be a mentor in a pair programming scenario
● Practical knowledge and experience in distributed architectures, web service APIs (e.g. HTTP, REST, SOAP), microservices
● Proven ability to enhance agile software & quality engineering process and methodology in a continuous delivery model
● Practical knowledge and experience with non-relational (MongoDB) and/or relational database (MySQL, Postgres) development
● Apply best practices in security protocols and techniques
● Knowledge of software test engineering best practices across the life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, test case management
● Exposure to testing methodologies (TDD/BDD, unit testing, pair programming) and establishing test infrastructures/frameworks
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at will” basis.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results