This position is a direct-hire for Transform Consulting Group. This position is partnered with Spark Learning Lab- a division of Shine Early Learning. Spark Learning Lab is providing statewide technical assistance and training services to childcare providers across Indiana.
The Communications Manager is responsible for the overall internal and external communications for the Technical Assistance contract in partnership with Shine Early Learning and Indiana’s Office of Early Childhood and Out of School Learning (OECOSL). The Communications Manager will be responsible for the new client project and brand called SPARK Learning Lab. This will include communication strategy, public relations, graphic design, website and social media management. The Communications Manager will work in collaboration with project leadership and external stakeholders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement communication strategies and plans that support acquisition, retention and loyalty initiatives
- Connect market and customer insights to inform brand positioning, value propositions, and messaging that resonates with specific audience. Ensure positioning is consistent through all channels (print and digital materials, email, website, events, etc.)
- Take ownership for developing marketing deliverables and presentations with a strong visual aesthetic and strategic rigor
- Create and maintain high-quality marketing materials and collateral (brochures, presentations, etc.) and content to support brand awareness
- Manage updates to the website including and future development of content based on customer insights and analytics
- Develop partnerships and relationships with primary and secondary audiences to enhance brand and project
- Establish org-wide brand standards. Train team members and create self-service options for basic marketing needs across teams
- Manage all day-to-day operations of a strategic communication function, including content marketing, customer insights, creative services and digital engagement. Adhere to project budget
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and market changes
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field required
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, strategy, product marketing or ad agency planning
- Prior experience in education a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Experience in leading, designing strategy and marketing planning within a marketing organization or in consulting services
- Keen ability to dig into data and translate into actionable insights
- Ability to be creative and think around problems
- Prior media planning and buying experience
- Adept at completing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to foster strong collaborative relationships working in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications, storytelling and influencing skills
- Possess end-to-end project management skills moving concepts through design, development, implementation and continual improvement
- Superior time and project management skills
- Strong team orientation and ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds. Demonstrated commitment to building diverse work environments
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Strong computer literacy skills: MS Office, Google apps, and internet navigation, WordPress (a plus)
- Must be honest, dependable and able to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Commitment to support and exemplify shared mission and values!
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by our partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.