This position is a direct-hire for Geminus. This position is partnered with Spark Learning Lab- a division of Shine Early Learning. Spark Learning Lab is providing statewide technical assistance and training services to childcare providers across Indiana.
Tier Three Coach is responsible for providing direct, individualized program-level support to Tier Three early care and education family childcare programs who are seeing to improve their practices or who need targeted supports based on other state partner recommendations. Employee is expected to make substantial contribution to Geminus by developing and coordinating appropriate practices that produce desired program outcomes. Tier Three Coach demonstrates professionalism in appearance and actions; handles difficult or stressful situations in a calm and respectful manner; demonstrates fair treatment of others and supports a positive work environment. Must have the ability to communicate orally and in writing. Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule with some evenings and weekends. Travel is required. Work may require light to moderate lifting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a caseload of approximately 30 Tier Three programs. Effectively manage time to optimize coaching hours and stay within the assigned budget
- Work individually with assigned programs to validate their I-SAT results and develop either a Program Development Plan (PDP) or a Quality Improvement Plan (QIP)
- Understand adult learning principles and is able to recognize different learning needs and adapt coaching practices based on those needs.
- Provide technical assistance using relationship based strategies which are driven by research and best practice to promote continuous
- quality improvement
- Ensure all provider set professional development goals are achieved.
- Promote and support a program’s competence in alignment with Indiana Core Knowledge Competencies for Early Childhood and School Age Professionals by providing resources, guidance, and regular opportunities for training and reflection.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Establish a rapport with each program and/or provider
- Plan and conduct coaching visits with each program and/or provider
- Prepare and organize materials for coaching visits
- Provide individual consultation either face to face or virtually
- Identify resources and additional supportive services for participating family child care programs.
- Provide participant with feedback in regards to progress toward long and short term goals, no less than monthly
- Work collaboratively with the TA team to reach goals
- Enter all data accurately and in a timely fashion
- Analyzes no less that monthly, program data and modifies strategies accordingly.
- Attends meetings related to program and agency as a whole
- Makes appropriate referrals, when necessary to state and local agencies
- Establishes clear agreements, appointments, and keeps commitments
- Must be able to access information and deliver services/training/support using a variety of tools, methods and technology.
- Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field and a minimum of 18 credit hours in ECE with at least 6 at the advanced level
- 5+ years experience in early childhood field OR state awarded preschool teaching certification with experience working with children birth through 5.
- 2+ years of experience coaching or providing professional development to early childhood leadership staff
- Completion of all required State training and certifications
- Physical exam and background checks are required for this position
- Travel required locally or long-distance up to 80% of the time for work-related meetings and functions
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by our partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.