Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $80 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning is a provider of direct Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin ).
Shine Early Learning, partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high-quality services through Shine Assist, Shine Implement, Shine Fortify, and Shine Advance programs.
We are seeking an inspired and dedicated Mental Health Consultant to join our Shine team (up to 10 hours per month)
The MH Consultant provides support to the Head Start program team in identifying and securing the needed support for families of children experiencing mental health challenges. He/she brings expertise to the program through observations, assessments and consultative support. Consultant shall work up to 15 hours per month during the term hereof.
1. Conduct Center Visits and classroom Observation (will vary based on caseload) Monthly visits to each center, conducting classroom observations based on caseload. Meet with teachers to provide guidance and model developmentally appropriate activities.
Conducting TPOT and TPOTIS as needed
Develop behavioral assessments as needed
2. Prepare and Facilitate Staff Training (pre-service once a year)
Support, coordinate and provide staff training relates to social-emotional and mental health at
least once a year
3. Prepare and Facilitate Parent Training (as needed)
Support, coordinate and provide parent training at least once a year
4. Conduct Individualized Child and Family Centered Observations and consultation (will vary based on caseload)
Conduct observations and assessments of individual children and families as assigned or referred for consultation
5. Record Keeping
Collecting data and maintain records to support compliance with HSPS
- Must be a licensed State clinical provider, with expertise in child behavioral and MH concerns – Acceptable degrees include licensed clinical social worker, clinical psychologist or psychiatrist
- Experience working with children and families in ethnically diverse low-income communities
- Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
- Travel required locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.