This position is a direct-hire for Transform Consulting Group. This position is partnered with Spark Learning Lab- a division of Shine Early Learning. Spark Learning Lab is providing statewide technical assistance and training services to childcare providers across Indiana.
The Data Specialist is responsible for the overall tracking, monitoring and reporting for the Technical Assistance (TA) contract in partnership with Shine Early Learning and Indiana’s Office of Early Childhood and Out of School Learning (OECOSL). The Data Specialist will be responsible for collecting and monitoring the reporting requirements for SPARK Learning Lab. This will include setting up a system to collect, assess and report out on the benchmarks for the new TA contract and other internal requirements. The Data Specialist will work in collaboration with project leadership and external stakeholders. The contracted project is with the state of Indiana’s technical assistance services for child care. The position will be located in Indianapolis, Indiana, and work on-site at the client’s office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Determine the benchmarks and reporting requirements necessary for the contract
- Develop a data collection system to pull the data for the reports
- Confirm report structure and reporting timeline
- Manage all of the data that needs to be collected and reported for state requirements as well as internal reporting
- Monitor and assess the data to make recommendations for improvement with the team
- Develop visual reports and dashboards to help the team stay on track with benchmarks
- Gather, analyze and use the data to forecast future needs or opportunities for SPARK to address
- Be a resource and advocate for data within the organization by teaching and empowering others to use data
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Computer Science or related field required
- 3-5 years of experience in data analysis and data management
- Prior experience in education a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Experience using data to generate clear and effective recommendations
- Ability to translate “data speak” to external teams, such as program staff, marketing
- Experience using data visualization software, such as Tableau or Microsoft Power BI, to create visually appealing graphics, reports, and dashboards
- Ability to be creative and think around problems
- Adept at completing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to foster strong collaborative relationships working in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess end-to-end project management skills moving concepts through design, development, implementation and continual improvement
- Strong team orientation and ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Strong computer literacy skills: MS Office, Google apps, and data visualization software
- Must be honest, dependable and able to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Commitment to support and exemplify shared mission and values!
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by our partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.