This position is a direct-hire for Transform Consulting Group. This position is partnered with Spark Learning Lab- a division of Shine Early Learning. Spark Learning Lab is providing statewide technical assistance and training services to childcare providers across Indiana.
The SPARK Business Management Specialist is responsible for supporting early care and education programs in improving their business management knowledge and skills to sustain their programs for the Technical Assistance (TA) contract in partnership with Shine Early Learning and Indiana’s Office of Early Childhood and Out of School Learning (OECOSL). The Business Management Specialist is responsible for the content development related to operating a high quality early care and education program, which includes digital content in addition to one professional learning community event per month, utilizing the online platform of choice, and three live courses throughout the year - either through the online platform or in-person, depending on the needs of the community. In addition, the Business Management Specialist will interface with coaches to provide specialized content support to individual program’s needs.
The contracted project is with the state of Indiana’s technical assistance services for child care. The position can be remote-based in Indiana with some travel required at the client’s office in Indianapolis and across the state of Indiana.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and support the early care and education Business Management Support strategy for the entire TA contract. This includes managing the creation of all business management support content that aligns to the professional development needs of early care and education programs in Indiana
- Oversee the quality of and act as a subject matter expert for all digital, workshop style and coaching content relating to business management
- Develop and facilitate in-person content and facilitate professional learning communities as outlined in Tier One TA support strategies
- Provide professional development to Tier Two and Tier Three coaches to support their knowledge and expertise and is able to provide acute support to specific providers in various circumstances
- Develop strategic partnerships with other existing business groups, such as SCORE Mentor chapters, Small Business Centers (SBA- funded), and local Chambers of Commerce who can provide additional mentoring and business support for early care and education programs
- Analyze provider engagement with all business management support related content and determine strategies for continuous improvement
- Contribute to the development of other early childhood content as needed
- Participate in assigned meetings, events and trainings as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management or related field required
- 3-5 years of experience in business training and coaching, facilitating information, and effectively leading an organization
- Knowledge of the early education industry a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Strong team orientation and ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Ability to adeptly facilitate large group trainings
- Possess end-to-end project management skills moving concepts through design, development, implementation and continual improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Able to foster strong collaborative relationships working in a highly matrixed environment
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills, using MS Office applications, Google apps and other basic data systems including internet navigation
- Must be honest, dependable and able to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by our partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.