Facilities Cleaner (On Call)
Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $80 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning has two divisions: Acelero Learning is a direct provider Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin). Shine Early Learning partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high quality services through the Shine Assist and Shine Implement business units.
The On Call Facilities Cleaner position supports the maintenance of high quality Head Start preschool classrooms and overall facilities. Responsibilities include maintaining compliance of facilities and other services with Head Start Performance Standards and other state and federal regulations, and providing custodial services to the program. Responsibilities also include custodial maintenance of all facilities to which s/he is assigned. This position is called in as needed to one of the two centers located in Philadelphia County.
The Facilities Cleaner will ultimately be evaluated on a combination of skills, dispositions and behaviors, some of which are related to the specific service area of this position and others that represent general expectations of all Acelero Learning employees. Uses knowledge of sound facilities and operational practices to ensure compliance with performance standards and licensing requirements, and provide for health and safety of all children in the program.. Performs basic cleaning tasks and effectively utilizes resources to accomplish them. Provide general maintenance to facilities over which s/he has primary responsibility, including regular cleaning of exposed spaces, bathrooms, and floors to include the following:
- Empty trash cans on a daily basis and haul trash to appropriate receptacles.
- Dusting and wipe down of assigned classrooms including all ledges, tables and furniture.
- Wipe down classroom refrigerators.
- Sweep and mop stairwells and ledges.
- Vacuum offices and hallway carpets. Dust office spaces.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize children’s bathrooms and office bathrooms.
- Restock cleaning supplies and notify management when supplies are running low.
- Assists in moving office furniture, fixtures and equipment within and between sites to support staffing changes, relocations, remodels and program expansion.
- Use a carpet extractor to assist in detailed cleaning of carpets during program closures.
- Assists in stripping and waxing of floors during program closures.
- Any other related work requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s license in good standing preferred.
- Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen.
- Able to lift and move heavy and/or bulky objects or children weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Basic computer literacy in email and internet navigation.
This position is called in as needed, Monday-Friday and earns $12/hr.
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.