We are looking for a dynamic Leadership and Development Specialist to join our Indiana team!
The Leadership & Development Specialist is responsible for the development of universal support related to the research-driven best practices of early childhood education and care program leadership and program assessment, and recognition systems such as Quality Rating and Improvement Systems (QRIS), national accreditation, etc. The Specialist collaborates with a team of content experts and instructional designers to develop and deliver relevant products such as templates, job-aids, and resources, as well as in-person, live webinar, on-demand, and peer-to-peer learning opportunities. In addition, the Leadership & Development interfaces with SPARK Coaches to provide specialized support to meet their program coaching needs. This is a remote position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Revises and updates the Indiana Self-Assessment Tool or I-SAT based on recommendations, research, and known best practices. The I-SAT is SPARK Learning Lab’s program-level, rubric-based assessment tool composed of 50 quality items that offer a scope and sequence to Indiana’s early childhood education and care program leaders for program improvement.
- Makes recommendations based on research and best practices in leadership and program development, then researches, collaborates on the development of and develops, and maintains content relevant to benchmarks on the I-SAT continuum of quality. Content includes but is not limited to instructor-led, live webinar, on-demand, and peer-to-peer learning opportunities and resources.
- Facilitates and hosts online and in-person, face-to-face learning opportunities, as needed and assigned.
- Provides professional development to Tier Two Coaches and Tier Three Coaches to support their knowledge and expertise.
- Engages in a community of practice with other subject matter experts on the Content Development Team to innovate content delivery methods and collaborate in content creation.
- Cultivates relationships and collaborates with national, state, and local leadership and professional development organizations and professionals to bring the brightest and best to Indiana early childhood education and care programs.
- Participates in assigned meetings, events, training, and cross-functional teams as needed and assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Adult Education, Leadership Development, or relevant field preferred. Degree and/or experience in early childhood education is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in staff development, leadership support, quality rating, and improvement and national accreditation systems, and/or the utilization of rubric style assessments for program quality improvement including experience in supervision, program management, and the provision of technical assistance.
- 2+ years’ experience authoring staff development related content and developing and facilitating professional development content in various formats such as online and in-person settings.
- Expertise in community-based interventions to improve outcomes for low-income families and communities, with direct experience developing and implementing program strategies.
- Background checks are required for this position.
- Travel required locally or long-distance up to 20% of the time for work-related meetings and functions
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
The mission of Spark/Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by our partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.