We are looking for a dynamic Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Specialist to join our Indiana team!
The Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Specialist is responsible for the development of universal support based on research-driven best practices in creating learning opportunities in early childhood education and care programs that support equitable access, inclusive environments, and a sense of belonging that authentically represents children and families. The Specialist collaborates with a team of content experts and instructional designers to develop and deliver relevant products such as templates, job-aids, and resources, as well as in-person, live webinars, on-demand, and peer-to-peer learning opportunities. In addition, the Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Specialist interfaces with SPARK Coaches to provide specialized support to meet their program coaching needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recommends revisions and updates to the Indiana Self-Assessment Tool or I-SAT based on relevant research and known best practices. The I-SAT is SPARK Learning Lab’s program-level, rubric-based assessment tool composed of 50 quality items that offer a scope and sequence to Indiana’s early childhood education and care program leaders for program improvement.
- Makes recommendations based on research and best practices in equity, inclusion, and belonging then collaborates on the development of and maintains content relevant to benchmarks on the I-SAT quality continuum. Content includes but is not limited to in-person, live webinar, on-demand, and peer-to-peer learning opportunities and resources.
- Facilitates and hosts online and in-person learning opportunities, as needed and assigned.
- Provides professional development to Tier Two Coaches and Tier Three Coaches to support their knowledge and expertise.
- Engages in a community of practice with other subject matter experts on the Content Development Team to innovate content delivery methods and collaborate in content creation.
- Cultivates relationships and collaborates with national, state, and local leadership and professional development organizations and professionals to bring the brightest and best to Indiana early childhood education and care programs.
- Participates in assigned meetings, events, training, and cross-functional teams as needed and assigned.
- BA in Early Childhood Education, Adult Education, Special Education, Diversity and Inclusion Leadership or a related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Certificate in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion or Special Education Certification/Licensure preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in the early childhood field, including experience in teacher coaching, supervision, and providing technical assistance.
- 2+ years’ experience authoring early childhood related content, developing, and facilitating professional development content in various formats.
- Fully Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred.
- Background checks are required for this position.
- Travel required locally or long-distance, but mostly within Indiana, up to 20% of the time for work-related meetings and functions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The mission of Spark/Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by our partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.