AgenTus Therapeutics is a dynamic new start-up subsidiary developing T cell receptors (TCRs) and chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) designed to supercharge human immune effector cells to seek and destroy cancer. We aim to deliver cures to cancer patients around the world by leveraging our proprietary platforms for TCR discovery, targeting novel phosphopeptide neo-epitopes and developing unique allogeneic cell therapies. Together with our parent company, Agenus, we have a deep and diverse repertoire of immunotherapy treatments that can be used in combinations that will synergize to help the body’s immune system fight cancer.
Scientist/Sr. Scientist Cellular Therapy
Who are we looking for?
- Innovative and enthusiastic Scientists to join our immunobiology discovery group
- A candidate who loves to create novel and impactful therapeutic approaches and is excited to translate scientific discoveries into cancer therapies.
What are we looking for?
- Leading the way: A creative and learning-agile scientist, willing to challenge the status quo
- Ownership: A partner to jointly own our company’s goals, execution and success
- Working together: A colleague to thrive on collaboration with our global teammates
- Loving what you do: A team member with positive energy that is passionate about our mission
What are we offering?
- A dynamic, fun and learning culture in a global setting: US, UK, Belgium
- Exposure to pioneering science and the full scope of the drug development process
- Innovative thinking: speed of adopting new technologies, clear prioritization, using analytics to accelerate agile development
- A unique opportunity to help develop the platforms and strategy of a burgeoning company and the evolution of a new discovery team
- Manager with broad experience, passionate about the science, who is a proven mentor and coach with an extensive research portfolio
- Career support and leadership opportunities within the R & D group
The incumbent will be expected to design, execute and analyze complex studies and provide leadership within the program. The incumbent will work with others in a collaborative atmosphere. This will require broad knowledge of current concepts in cancer immunology and associated areas. The individual will present research findings to the group and share expertise with other scientists.
- Develop protocols that optimize T cell function for successful cell therapy, to include subset analysis, T cell conditioning regimens, and metabolic programming.·
- Mentor and train Research Associate(s).
- Use strong communication skills to interact with other Agenus scientists and external collaborators.
- Read and analyze current scientific literature and integrate knowledge to propose new approaches and areas of study.
- Provide critical guidance for platform evaluation and prioritization of potential targets.
- Contribute to intellectual property submissions.
- Serve as Biology Lead for pre-clinical and translational discovery projects.
Candidates should have the ability to independently troubleshoot technical issues and develop optimized processes and assays for critical tasks. This role has the potential to lead a team of 1-2 research associates.
- PhD (or equivalent) in immunology, cell/molecular biology or related field
- 3 years of industry experience or direct experience in cell therapy or cellular immunology
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture with specific experience culturing primary T cells and related T cell functional assays; advanced expertise in flow cytometry and FACS is preferred.