AgenTus Therapeutics is a dynamic new start-up subsidiary developing T cell receptors (TCRs) and chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) designed to supercharge human immune effector cells to seek and destroy cancer. We aim to deliver cures to cancer patients around the world by leveraging our proprietary platforms for TCR discovery, targeting novel phosphopeptide neo-epitopes and developing unique allogeneic cell therapies. Together with our parent company, Agenus, we have a deep and diverse repertoire of immunotherapy treatments that can be used in combinations that will synergize to help the body’s immune system fight cancer.
Senior Research Associate, Cellular Therapy
The successful candidate will work as part of a core team to create and characterize targeting molecules, including CARs and TCRs, that will enable the development of novel cellular therapeutics. The candidate will be expected to work independently and as part of a cross-functional group to design and generate DNA constructs and viral vectors as well as to optimize higher-throughput processes for functionally testing the biological activity of new molecules. Work will include plasmid construction, molecular engineering, viral vector production and cell based immunologic assays. The candidate should have the ability to independently troubleshoot technical issues and develop optimized processes for common tasks. Specific knowledge of Gibson Assembly cloning procedures and/or flow cytometry methods is a plus.
- A BS or MS in molecular/cellular biology, immunology or related field with a minimum of 8 years of research experience.
- Experience with cellular therapy processes including molecular cloning, gene delivery into primary immune cells and immunology-based assays is preferred.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of scientists in a collaborative environment.
- He/she should enjoy independently designing experiments & executing project tasks
- Excellent analytical and communication skills are important for this position