AgenTus Therapeutics is a dynamic new start-up subsidiary developing T cell receptors (TCRs) and chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) designed to supercharge human immune effector cells to seek and destroy cancer. We aim to deliver cures to cancer patients around the world by leveraging our proprietary platforms for TCR discovery, targeting novel phosphopeptide neo-epitopes and developing unique allogeneic cell therapies. Together with our parent company, Agenus, we have a deep and diverse repertoire of immunotherapy treatments that can be used in combinations that will synergize to help the body’s immune system fight cancer.
AgenTus Therapeutics is a dynamic new start-up subsidiary developing T cell receptors (TCRs) and chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) designed to supercharge human immune effector cells to seek and destroy cancer. We aim to deliver cures to cancer patients around the world by leveraging our proprietary platforms for TCR discovery, targeting novel phosphopeptide neo-epitopes and developing unique allogeneic cell therapies. Together with our parent company, Agenus, we have a deep and diverse repertoire of immunotherapy treatments that can be used in combinations that will synergize to help the body’s immune system fight cancer
We are recruiting an ambitious and creative scientist, to join our newly established Protein Sciences & Biochemistry team in Cambridge (UK). At AgenTus Therapeutics, founded in 2017 as a spin-out of Agenus, we are developing T-cell receptor (TCR) based and chimeric antigen receptor (CAR)-T cell-based cell therapy for human immune-oncology. You will contribute, with your expertise and skills, to our efforts to discover and develop ground-breaking immune-oncology therapeutics. You will thrive in our multi-national and scientifically diverse team. You will become an essential member of our Protein Sciences & Biochemistry team that creates and produces recombinant protein reagents to create CAR-T cell-based therapy, with state-of-the-art equipment. Developingand testing new protein reagents and engineering immunologically relevant proteins for immune receptor profiling and functional assays will be an important part of your work. You will assume the leading role in developing and testing novel tools and reagents towards profiling of and functional assays for CARs. Our new position is a fantastic opportunity for a highly self-motivated scientist, to promote novel concepts and ideas for an immediate translational impact of our research on human health.
- Produce in large/preparative scale, in E. coliculture or mammalian cell cultures, and purify, with fast protein liquid chromatography (FPLC), recombinant single-chain variable fragments (ScFvs) and antigen cell-surface proteins for immunological studies.
- Implement and carry out analytical biochemical assays that guarantee reproducible quality of our produced protein samples.
- Create and develop gene constructs and protocols for the production and purification of ScFvs for CARs in mammalian cell lines.
- Work effectively with Protein Sciences & Biochemistry members, and our teams for molecular biology, next-generation sequencing, and immune-receptor discovery; to develop new concepts and reagents for cellular immune-receptor profiling assays.
- Ensure timely delivery of reagents, data analyses reports, and quality control packages.
- Stay current with high-throughput protein-production developments and trends. Evaluate new technologies and procedures, for their potential to positively impact AgenTus’ ongoing activities.
- Communicate accurately and responsibly your data in regular oral presentations.
- Prepare documentation, electronic laboratory notebook entries, and protocols.
- PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology, or related discipline, and post-doctoral research experience in academia or industry.
- Extensive experience with gene expression and production of recombinant proteins in E. coli and/or eukaryotic cell lines (e.g. hamster cells, HEK293). Previous experience with production of immune receptors (antibodies, TCRs) is an advantage.
- Demonstrated extensive hands-on experience with preparative protein purification with Äkta FPLC instruments.
- Experience with size exclusion chromatography (SEC), affinity chromatography, ion exchange chromatography, and its application for protein purification.
- Experience with gene-construct design and protein engineering.
- Structural biology expertise (X-ray crystallography, cryo-EM, NMR) is a plus.
- Experience with biophysical characterization methods for protein-protein binding studies (e.g. isothermal titration calorimetry, microscale thermophoresis, surface plasmon resonance) is an advantage.
- Thorough data-analysis and data-interpretation skills are essential.
- Very good communication and presentation skills and ability to work effectively with our scientists of different scientific disciplines.
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Proactive can-do attitude.
- Fluent in English.
Be part of an exciting young immune-oncology company, whose emerging anti-cancer therapies will change human health. Interact internationally with our colleagues in Lexington (outside Boston, USA) and Waterloo (Belgium). Benefit from our close relation and constant information exchange with Agenus. Together we are developing first-in-class/unparalleledcombinatorial cancer immune-therapies. Work in a science-focused flat-hierarchy environment, with excellent opportunities for personal, scientific, and professional development and growth.