The Institutional Services Manager serves as a contact for top-tier client relationships, while leading the Institutional Services team.
The Institutional Services Manager is accountable for overall customer satisfaction, retention and revenue growth with a focus on deepening and expanding relationships for their own customers and providing leadership and support for the Institutional Relationship Managers to do the same.
Products and Services include but are not limited to: Qualified and Non-Qualified Retirement Plan Administration, Custody Services, and Escrows. This position is accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors consistently drive a positive customer experience.
Primary Functions and/or Responsibilities:
• Provides leadership and direction to the Institutional Services team. Is a key leadership team member and provides strategic thought leadership to advance our businesses forward.
• Accountable for the financial performance of the team.
• Develops and manages to key metrics to drive the success of this line of business.
• Works with team members providing them coaching, support and guidance in their own personal development.
• Proactively develops close consultative relationships with C-suite decision-makers and other key influencers for our Institutional customers.
• Continuously serves as the lead advocate seeking to solve the needs of our customers, providing a consultative approach based on our defined service model. Documents interactions on a timely basis within the CRM system.
• Accountable for customer retention, seeking to retain the customers by working with the client service team to deliver the highest service and customers standards.
• Continuously works with customers to optimize and streamline the way we partner and do business together.
• Develops in-depth knowledge of all of our products and services, and their benefits to our customers, to facilitate additional value to customer and the expansion of existing relationships.
• Remains current on the financial services industry and/or client specific trends. Facilitates, and may lead, the implementation of new products and services into client relationships and well as business line projects.
• Adds value to existing client relationships by expanding relationships, with a focus on generating additional fee revenue. Identifies and includes opportunities in our CRM sales pipeline.
• Assists Sales Officers with new business development by participating in prospect meetings and final sales presentations.
• Develop strong internal relationships with Commercial Bankers, Business Bankers, Private Bankers, and Wealth Advisors in order to bring customers the full suite of financial products and services we have to offer.
• Proactively manage client documentation, pricing, profitability targets and fee structures in accordance with approved pricing schedules and guidelines.
# of Direct Reports: 4
# of Indirect Reports: 3
Education and/or Experience:
• College degree (BS or BA) in relevant field
• Eight to ten years of experience
• Experience with the following products and services including, but not limited to: Qualified and Non-Qualified Retirement Plan Administration, Custody Services, and Escrows.
• Understanding of ERISA as it pertains to qualified plans.
Specific Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Thought leadership
• Strategic leadership
• Performance coaching
• Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills (written and/or oral)
• Excellent leadership skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to work independently and use independent judgment
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“PROTECTED VETERANS” AND “INDIVIDUAL WITH DISABILITY”