Every firm has a culture – the values, beliefs, methodology, attitudes and standards that reflect an organization’s DNA. But the truly inspiring firms – the game-changers, the industry leaders and the disruptors – have cultures that propel them to innovate and stand out. At Brown Advisory, we aim to be one of those inspired firms. Over the years, we have purposefully built and nurtured our client-first culture.
Brown Advisory is an independent investment management firm committed to delivering a combination of first-class performance, strategic advice and the highest level of client service with offices in Austin, Baltimore, Boston, the Carolinas, Delaware, London, New York, Singapore, Virginia and Washington, D.C. The firm’s institutional and private clients are based in 50 states and more than 39 countries and territories and are served by over 650 colleagues worldwide, all of whom are equity owners of the firm.
Brown Advisory is currently seeking an energetic and detail oriented Strategic Advisor within our Baltimore office.
Due to the complex nature of clients’ objectives and related service needs, the Strategic Advisor needs to be well versed in a broad range of strategies and should have an understanding of the investment disciplines recommended as part of the solution set. The position requires a high level of sophistication and flexibility in understanding and implementing planning strategies.
• Provide support within a client team for a broad array of individual, family and trust portfolios, subject to the special needs of each client
• Assist in the management process of client relationships in coordination with the Strategic Advisory and Private Client teams and prepare comprehensive financial plans to ensure clients meet their goals
• Create and/or actively participate in the development of strategic advice for clients firm-wide in coordination with the Strategic Advisory and Private Client Portfolio Management teams
• Serve as a resource for advice to the Private Client team, including portfolio managers and account administrators
• Over time, develop relationships with known referral sources and other professional advisors to develop a professional network outside of the firm
• Work with teams serving existing clients, as well as with teams working with prospective clients, to develop new opportunities
• Contribute to the Strategic Advisory team effort to develop prospect presentations and on-going marketing materials, as well as input to enhance the marketing presence of our Private Client brand
• Coordinate presentations of the firm’s Strategic Advisory capabilities, including developing content for prospective clients and their advisors
• Participate in the development of new ideas, planning and execution of Private Client business development strategies with senior management and other team members
• Demonstrate an interest in developing and implementing knowledge of strategic tax planning as well as various asset classes and investment management styles, asset allocation techniques, and investment strategies
• Participate actively in the development and analysis of new strategies for clients
• Act as self-starter capable of being part of a team that is managing long-term relationships, and initiating and cultivating new client relationships
Preferred Qualifications May Include
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business or related subject and a minimum of 1 - 2 years’ experience within the industry
• 2 - 4 years’ experience preferred
• CFP strongly preferred
• Must be dedicated to the “client first” principles of the firm and must possess uncompromising personal integrity
• Must be a passionate advisor who is creative, innovative, and possesses a high level of familiarity across a broad range of advisory topics
• Possesses high analytical expertise tempered by a strong relationship building mentality
• Exhibits strong interpersonal flexibility
• Must be self-motivated, a team player, and have strong interpersonal skills
• Maintains ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people
• Exhibits excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Exhibits an entrepreneurial spirit and will develop ways to contribute to the growth of the firm
• Exceptional organizational skills and strong ability to prioritize tasks
At Brown Advisory we offer a competitive compensation package, including full benefits.
• Wellness program participation incentive
• Financial wellness program
• Gym membership discounts
• Fitness event fee reimbursement
• Corporate gym membership discounts
• Colleague Assistance Program
• Telemedicine Program (for those enrolled in Medical)
• Adoption Benefits
• Daycare late pick-up fee reimbursement
• Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Voluntary Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• Paid parental leave
• Group Long Term Disability
• Pet Insurance
• 401(k) (50% employer match up to IRS limit, 4 year vesting)
Brown Advisory is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.