Every firm has a culture – the values, beliefs, methodology, attitudes and standards that reflect an organization’s DNA. But the truly inspiring firms – the game-changers, the industry leaders and the disruptors – have cultures that propel them to innovate and stand out. At Brown Advisory, we aim to be one of those inspired firms. Over the years, we have purposefully built and nurtured our client-first culture.
Brown Advisory is an independent investment management firm committed to delivering a combination of first-class performance, strategic advice and the highest level of client service with offices in Austin, Baltimore, Boston, the Carolinas, Delaware, London, New York, Singapore, Virginia and Washington, D.C. The firm’s institutional and private clients are based in 50 states and more than 39 countries and territories and are served by over 650 colleagues worldwide, all of whom are equity owners of the firm.
Brown Advisory is currently seeking a professional, creative and detail-oriented individual to fill an Alternative Investments Marketing Specialist position. We are looking for a candidate with experience working on successful marketing and communication campaigns within the investment management industry. This individual should be capable of working closely with multiple investment teams to identify opportunities for the investment products and strategies we offer, and planning, coordinating and executing the content and campaigns necessary to pursue such opportunities.
We expect the Alternative Investments Marketing Specialist to:
• Have a solid understanding of and interest in the investment management industry. A strong desire to grow this knowledge is requisite. You should have the experience and knowledge to help identify opportunities for successfully positioning existing and future investment products. You will be primarily supporting our private equity, venture investing, hedge fund, external manager and opportunity zone investment teams.
• Possess a strong, or rapidly developing, investment acumen. You should be comfortable interpreting and summarizing investment data (characteristics, performance, and attribution) in both short-and-long forms as well as understanding investment theses and research notes.
• Be organized and transparent. You will be supporting multiple investment and research teams across the firm in a variety of strategic and tactical initiatives. An ability to prioritize projects and requests is paramount.
• Be creative. You will be responsible for developing collateral and messages that articulate the story of investment products and strategies we offer. You should have an eye for layout and presentation, in both hard copy and digital formats.
• Be communicative and thoughtful. You will be expected to help our investment teams market to, and equip our internal client teams with valuable collateral and content to share with current and prospective client investors.
• Be capable to execute email and other digital campaigns as needed. You will be responsible for supporting our investment teams by creating touch points and communicating actionable insights.
• Have a positive attitude and the desire to provide timely and responsive support to Brown Advisory team members. You will regularly interact with colleagues within our investment, research, client service and sales teams, providing high levels of insight, creativity and service.
Duties and responsibilities of this position include:
• Content creation
o Create visual content for new and existing investment products and strategies. Audio and video content creation will also be a growing responsibility
o Support thought piece generation, including leveraging databases and portfolio tools to extract relevant data points
o Be a point of contact with content generators in order to execute the distribution of thought pieces and collateral internally and externally
• Content management
o Work with various investment teams to produce regular investment product factsheets, pitch books, offering materials, memo’s and webcasts
o Oversee the monthly and quarterly process of creating, updating and sharing collateral materials, using the Seismic platform
• Investment sales enablement and communications
o Manage internal and external communication campaigns for product-specific messages and periodic client communications as needed
o Design and help lead distribution across all of our digital properties
o Support information gathering for investment public relations initiatives
o Relay metrics and actionable insights from campaigns to investment, client, and sales teams
o Serve as a go-to Pardot resource
• Product development
o Work in concert with multiple investment research, client and sales teams to identify opportunities for new product development
o Maintain a pipeline of sales and investment ideas to meet client and prospect needs
o Develop and own feedback process connecting ideas captured from sales and client teams with investment teams
Desirable Skills and Traits
• 3-5 years of experience in an investing, investment marketing, or related role
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant degree (economics/finance/accounting)
• A strong interest and aptitude for investing. Knowledge of private and alternative investments
• Strong Excel skills (PowerPivot, lookups, text functions, array formulas, and charting). Working knowledge of macros and VBA would be a plus
• Experience working with FactSet, Bloomberg, Morningstar, and/or eVestment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience creating and producing audio and visual content a plus
• Team player
• Highly organized
• Ability to multi-task
At Brown Advisory we offer a competitive compensation package, including full benefits.
• Wellness program participation incentive
• Financial wellness program
• Gym membership discounts
• Fitness event fee reimbursement
• Corporate gym membership discounts
• Colleague Assistance Program
• Telemedicine Program (for those enrolled in Medical)
• Adoption Benefits
• Daycare late pick-up fee reimbursement
• Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Voluntary Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
• Short Term Disability
• Paid parental leave
• Group Long Term Disability
• Pet Insurance
• 401(k) (50% employer match up to IRS limit, 4 year vesting)
Brown Advisory is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.