TriAxis, a division of DEA, has an immediate opening for a Business Development Leader who can be located in our Portland, OR, or Vancouver, WA offices. The Business Development Leader’s responsibilities will be diverse and will include being responsible for providing leadership, management, and coordination of project pursuits and engineering staff. Responsibilities for both roles will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Business Development Responsibilities:
- Pursuit champion; manage and coordinate pursuits with the TriAxis Division senior staff and marketing leaders.
- Develop tactical action plans for project and/or client pursuits
- Develop and monitor a business development budget within the overall TriAxis Division budget
- Manage client/market development teams to address client expectations and outcomes
- Meet regional and/or market sales goals and client satisfaction survey participation results collectively with other business development leads throughout DEA.
- Identify top desired clients for the year and develop and implement marketing plans for those clients.
- Develop new and maintain existing client relationships within the markets and regions we currently operate.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall management of a project, including supervision and oversight, plan and report preparation, entitlements and permitting, preparation and monitoring of budgets and schedules, and maintaining positive client and staff relationships.
- Provide technical reviews, develop quality assurance and quality control procedures for projects, demonstrate planning skills, design and construction schedule, and development of cost estimating and project budgets.
- Project Management and design related to:
- Project staffing
- Mentoring and supervising technical staff
- Monitoring project budgets and schedules
- Technical report preparation
- Specification writing
- Preparation of construction cost estimates
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering or another applicable field from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5+ years in the wind, solar, or power industries
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Recent experience with business development and winning projects
- Basic understanding of utility system operation, maintenance, and planning
- Established client relationships and ability to develop new project opportunities
- Previous experience working as a consultant, or for a small business
- Experience working on projects for large utilities and/or with design build contracts
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
- Talented and growing team, with excellent technical staff available to provide mentorship
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Owner Ship Program (ESOP)
- Profit Sharing Plan
Founded in 1996 and merged with David Evans & Associates (DEA) in 2016, TriAxis is a well-respected electrical engineering consulting firm, providing design engineering and study services to a variety of clients, primarily utilities, contractors, and renewable generation owners. From its offices in Corvallis, Oregon; Vancouver, Washington; and Albuquerque, New Mexico the TriAxis staff has worked together for over 25 years serving many long-term northwest utility clients, investor-owned electric utilities, and renewable energy clients. TriAxis offers a dedicated team of creative people who work together to understand client needs, provide creative thinking and technical excellence, and deliver extraordinary service that exceeds expectations.
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.