DEA’s TriAxis Division is currently hiring a Substation Electrical Engineer-in-Training to work out of our Corvallis, OR office. The responsibilities for the Substation Electrical Engineer-in-Training will include working closely with project engineers and project managers on multidiscipline project teams providing electrical engineering and technical expertise. The position entails performing detail design of medium to high voltage substations and switchyards, as well as a variety of power system studies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
- Develop technical design deliverables including: one-line diagrams, protection and control schematics, wiring diagrams, SCADA system design and troubleshooting, communications design for substation automation, substation physical layout and design, material lists, conduit and cable sizing/routing, lighting design, and system grounding design.
- Perform low complexity engineering studies or assist senior engineer with advanced engineering studies.
- Prepare project deliverables including but not limited to engineered drawings, technical reports, correspondence and miscellaneous project documentation.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines as required. Should be able to assess the impacts of design changes on other disciplines to pick the best solution. Foster constructive communication between disciplines.
- Assume the role of technical lead on smaller projects with limited guidance or on medium sized projects with guidance.
- Prepare proposals for smaller projects under the direction of project engineers. Provide drawing counts and man-hour estimates for small to medium sized projects. Develop scopes of work for small to medium sized projects.
- Be involved in limited client interaction with a senior, project or lead project engineer.
- Develop leadership skills in preparation for future roles on the team.
- Develop and provide advanced technical presentations to the team to assist with staff technical development. Support the training and mentorship of junior and less experienced staff.
- Assist the team with the development of processes and procedures to improve project execution efficiency.
- Maintain accurate records and files and a high level of organization.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college.
- 2+ years of substation design and project engineering experience in the utility engineering industry.
- Experience working as an electrical consultant and managing small projects
- Experience writing technical papers or reports
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Owner Ship Program (ESOP)
- Profit Sharing Plan
TriAxis Jobs with DEA:
TriAxis is a well-respected electrical engineering consulting firm, providing design engineering and study services to a variety of clients, primarily utilities and renewable generation owners. From its offices in Corvallis, Oregon, Vancouver, Washington, and Albuquerque, New Mexico the TriAxis staff has worked together for over 25 years serving many long-term northwest public utility clients, investor-owned electric utilities, and renewable energy clients. TriAxis offers a dedicated team of creative people who work together to understand client needs, provide creative thinking and technical excellence, and deliver extraordinary service that exceeds expectations.
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.