Founded in 1996 and merged with David Evans & Associates (DEA) in 2016, TriAxis is a well-respected electrical engineering consulting firm, providing design engineering and study services to a variety of clients, primarily utilities, contractors, and renewable generation owners. From its offices in Corvallis, Oregon; Vancouver, Washington; and Albuquerque, New Mexico the TriAxis staff has worked together for over 25 years serving many long-term northwest utility clients, investor-owned electric utilities, and renewable energy clients. TriAxis offers a dedicated team of creative people who work together to understand client needs, provide creative thinking and technical excellence, and deliver extraordinary service that exceeds expectations.
TriAxis, a division of DEA, has immediate openings for CAD Drafters and Technicians who can be located in our Vancouver, WA office or Corvallis, OR office. These individuals will work under the direction of engineers, developing system designs, and creating construction documents for Power Delivery projects using AutoCAD, AutoCAD Electrical and Excel.
Responsibilities for the CAD Drafter and Technician may include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop complete electrical design drawings using AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical to create single- & three-line diagrams, schematics, interconnection diagrams, panel layouts and bills of materials
- Develop conduit and cable tray layouts, conduit and cable schedules, conduit and cable tray fill calculations, and generate cable and wire interconnection reports
- With minimal supervision, develop transmission line plan & profiles, bills-of-material, staking tables, sagging tables
- Create drawings for electrical enclosures, equipment, instruments, and installations details
- Plan, detail, and schedule work and final delivery of drawings
- Outline, set up, organize, and maintain project drawings according to applicable standards
- Perform site visits to create sketches, red lines, and gather information for as-builts
- Perform design coordination, drawings reviews, and create mark ups
Associates of Science degree in CAD Drafting or Engineering is preferred or a Certificate in Drafting & Design
0.5+ years drafting and design experience in the electrical power industry or related field dealing with electrical equipment, panels, and conduit/wiring is preferred
Candidates should have a solid understanding of drafting techniques, computer-aided engineering/ computer-aided drafting (CAE/CAD) software functions and electrical engineering terminology.
The ability to communicate well, develop innovative solutions and be knowledgeable about substations, transmission and distribution lines is a benefit. Knowledge of AutoCAD Inventor, Substation Design Suite, Microstation and PLS-CADD is highly desirable.
Candidates should have the ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Talented and growing team, with excellent technical staff available to provide mentorship
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
401k Retirement Plan
Employee Stock Owner Ship Program (ESOP)
Profit Sharing Plan
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.