TriAxis, a division of DEA, has an immediate opening for a Civil / Structural Transmission Engineer in our Albuquerque, NM office. The Civil / Structural Transmission Engineer is required to work within a multi-discipline team to develop efficient and reliable design of civil activities. The Engineer will coordinate his/her design activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion. The Civil Engineer will also be required to assist the Estimating Team in preparation of estimates and project proposals.
This position is accountable to provide all design activities in accordance with all applicable codes and standards, including all policies and procedures, such as Safety, Environmental, Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Designing structures for electrical facilities including transmission line support structures, foundations, site development, and ancillary equipment,
- Delivering accurate and thorough designs that will meet industry standards and specifications,
- Reviewing internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability,
- Preparing project specifications for material and equipment purchase and installation,
- Resolving site queries, attending site meetings and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects,
- Maintaining complete project documentation with respect to transmission line design and construction, including all completion packages, as-built requirements and return data information,
- Making and maintaining appropriate commitments to project teams and coordinating design activities with multi-disciplined project team members,
- Maintaining good working relationships with internal groups that support projects such as Procurement, Drafting, Project Management, etc,
- Maintaining good working relationships with clients, material suppliers, contractors, and any others that affect the quality, schedule and cost of projects.
- Work with multiple technical teams of Civil and Electrical Engineers
- BSCE (Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering) degree from an ABET accredited university.
- Minimum 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Experience in structural modeling software such as STADD Pro and foundation design software such as LPile.
- Experience with 3D civil software such as AutoCad Civil 3D.
- Engineering-in-training certification and the ability to sit for the PE exam within four years.
- Transmission line design experience in the utility engineering industry
- Experience with PLS-CADD transmission line design software
- Experience working as a consultant to electric utilities or renewable energy developers and managing similar projects
- Experience writing technical papers and reports
- 2+ years of civil or structural design
- Professional Engineering License in the United States
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Owner Ship Program (ESOP)
TriAxis Jobs with DEA:
TriAxis is a well-respected electrical engineering consulting firm, providing design engineering and study services to a variety of clients, primarily utilities and generation companies. From its offices in Corvallis, Oregon, Vancouver, Washington, and Albuquerque, New Mexico the TriAxis staff has worked together for over 25 years serving many long-term northwest utility clients, investor-owned electric utilities, and renewable energy clients. TriAxis offers a dedicated team of creative people who work together to understand client needs, provide creative thinking and technical excellence, and deliver extraordinary service that exceeds expectations.
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.