DEA’s Energy Business Unit has an immediate need for Drafting Interns to work on transmission and substation design projects. These positions can be located in Corvallis or Portland, OR as well as Vancouver, WA with flexible hours to accommodate a school schedule.
- Responsible for revising existing drawings and preparing drawings of basic components from explicit verbal or written instructions or detailed sketches.
- This position successfully plots drawings; learns and follows the company and client drafting standards and procedures; and learns the practices of electrical and civil disciplines.
- Must be pursing an Associate's degree in computer-aided drafting and design or related area
- Strong teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- At least one class taken for computer aided drafting
Energy Jobs with DEA:
As a leader in the energy market, DEA offers a dedicated team of creative people who work together to understand client needs, provide creative thinking and technical excellence, and deliver extraordinary service that exceeds expectations.
DEA partners with developers, construction contractors, and utility clients to provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary services for a variety of energy projects, including wind, solar, hydroelectric, ethanol, geothermal, liquefied natural gas facilities, natural gas pipelines, transmission lines, and electrical substations
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.