Our Salt Lake City, UT office is hiring a Civil / Transportation Project Engineer to support our Roads and Highways group while working on transportation related projects. A successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter assigned to work on multidiscipline projects performing engineering calculations and design using specialized technical skills, experience and engineering judgment to transform concept designs into construction drawings and technical specifications. The work may include street improvements, utility plans, freeway, highway and roadway design, construction documents and all supporting documentation. Our ideal candidate would be proficient with horizontal and vertical alignment design; storm drainage modeling, design and report preparation; sanitary sewer/waterline designs; utility relocations; coordination with other engineering disciplines; quantity take-offs; specifications; and engineer’s estimates. The candidate would also be eager to accept new challenges to diversify their skills by not only performing transportation engineering work, but also construction observation, general civil design, and traffic engineering. Finally, a successful candidate will have good interpersonal and communication skills and a passion for work.
Other duties include:
- Serve as task leader to coordinate projects with project managers and firm staff.
- Attend project coordination meetings with client and other team members.
- Provide sketches and/or detailed layout information to design staff for incorporation into the construction drawings.
- Develop preliminary and final plans in Microstation/InRoads software.
- Prepare and design street improvement plans, public improvement plans, and rough and precise grading plans.
- Analyze maps, reports, drawings, as-builts for design projects.
- Prepare and modify reports, specifications and designs for projects.
- Develop, track and modify project schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Civil Engineering License in the United States
- 4+ years of civil engineering design related to transportation projects with interstate and roadway design experience
- Microstation and InRoads project experience
- Project experience with OpenRoads
- Professional Engineering license in the State of Utah
- Project experience with local public agencies and/or UDOT
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today’s transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow’s growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on four markets: Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering.
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.