DEA is looking to add a Construction Inspector to our Construction Engineering Services group. This position would be located out of our Bellevue (or Tacoma) office and will provide on-site construction inspection and applicable documentation for transportation projects located in both the Puget Sound Area and occasionally in Eastern Washington. This includes observation of construction work activities for compliance with plans and specifications, preparation of required contract documentation, and following prescribed Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) procedures consistent with WSDOT and Local Agency Guidelines.
Monitor progress of construction work on roadway, highway, and bridge structure projects
- Inspect, document, and verify project is constructed in conformance with contract plans and specifications.
- Maintain accurate inspector daily records of the work (e.g., personnel, equipment, materials, quantities, site conditions, specialty trades, etc.).
- Identify contract changes and assist in preparation of change orders.
- Communicate effectively with the Contractors, Owners, Construction Manager, Project Documentation Engineer, or other field engineering staff.
- Prepare field note records for construction progress payments.
- Photograph project conditions, field verify construction materials delivered to jobsite, coordinate materials sampling and testing requirements, document as-constructed plan sheets.
- At least 3 years of construction inspection experience working on roadway, bridge and highway projects.
- Basic computer skills in Word and Excel.
- Ability to work effectively with client representatives, contractors, the public, as well as peers.
- Excellent skills in working independently.
- The successful candidate must be able to effectively multitask and prioritize and track construction issues through to completion.
Clean driving records
- WSDOT, SDOT, Sound Transit, local City and/or County construction project experience
- Experience inspecting Federally funded projects
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today’s transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow’s growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five practices: Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Smart Mobility, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering. This position may be based in either the Transit and Rail or the Smart Mobility practice.
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.