DEA’s Portland, OR office is hiring for a full-time Traffic Engineer in our Transportation Business Unit as part of our Smart Mobility Practice working on a variety of traffic engineering design and planning projects. As a mid-level civil engineer the responsibilities will be diverse and will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Working with diverse project teams on all aspects of projects, including project set-up, data collection, data analysis, documentation, quality review and quality assurance, project coordination/organization, etc.
- Signing Design
- Striping Design
- Signal Design
- Temporary Traffic Control
- Illumination Design
- ITS Design
- Supporting project managers and task leads on multi-discipline projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Engineer in Training certification
- 4+ years of traffic engineering experience that includes signing, striping, or signal design
- Experience with AutoCAD or Microstation
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Professional Engineering License in the State of Oregon or ability to obtain in 1 year
- Experience with design software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, Guide Sign, AGi32, Infraworks, ConceptStation, etc.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today’s transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow’s growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on four markets: Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering.
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.