DEA’s Ontario, CA office is searching for a Survey Analyst. The position responsibilities will be diverse and will include performing technical work in survey control, boundary, topography, ALTA, right of way engineering, and construction surveying services for public and private clients.
Additional position duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing office survey support to the field crews.
- Responsible for record mapping, ALTA maps, parcel maps, and topographic surveys.
- Preparing maps, record research, and field crew prep.
- Working closely with Survey Manager and Project Surveyor.
- Performing research, design and calculations for survey and mapping projects using AutoCAD or Microstation products.
- Assisting with boundary determinations and procedure analysis.
- Processing field data including raw GPS and conventional data.
- Preparing legal descriptions, exhibits and plats. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Land Surveying/Civil Engineering or high school diploma and equivalent work experience.
- Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) certification
- Minimum 10 years of survey field and/or office experience and general engineering plan reading skills.
- Proficiency in Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary
- Professional Land Surveyors License
- Experience with CALTRANS and agency deliverables
- Experience with Microstation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Survey Jobs with DEA:
Throughout history, land surveyors have played a significant role in the development of our world. Though fundamental principles have remained essentially the same over time, the technology employed continues to rapidly advance. DEA uses the latest tools while respecting historic doctrines such as following in the footsteps of the original surveyor. We foster a unique, collaborative work environment where specific expertise can be targeted for optimal client solutions.
Our day-to-day land surveying and geomatics activities are as varied in scope as in any career. DEA’s team is staffed and fully equipped to provide land surveying services for construction staking and layout, geodetic and control surveys, topographic and quantity surveys, and boundary surveys. As value-added services, we offer in-house 3D high-definition laser scanning, both static and mobile, and hydrographic survey services.
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.