DEA’s Denver, CO office is searching for a Civil Engineer-in-Training to work in our Transportation Business Unit as part of our Roads and Highways team. As a junior level civil engineer-in-training the responsibilities will be diverse and will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Work with project teams on all aspects of projects, including project set-up, drafting, design, quality review and quality assurance, project coordination/organization, etc.
- Complete roadway design and prepare plans for a wide range of projects for state and municipal clients.
- Analyze maps, reports, drawings, and as-builts for design projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification
- 0-4 years of engineering experience
- Familiar with either AutoCAD or Microstation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel)
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- Desire to work in the Roadway Engineering field
- Drafting and design experience with AutoCAD /Civil 3D or Microstation/InRoads
- Transportation project or internship experience
- Knowledge of CDOT or Colorado local agency design standards
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today’s transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow’s growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on four markets: Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering.
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.