Work closely with the Vice President of Commercial Multifamily Finance (CMF), responsible for MBA activities and initiatives directly linked to retaining and attracting commercial and multifamily members, including preparing communications to members, identifying business and industry trends, issues and concerns, and organizing forums and roundtable meetings for the various sectors in the commercial and multifamily member constituency. Interface with professionals at all levels within member firms.
Organize content for panels and identify speakers/experts for Commercial Multifamily Finance (CMF) related conferences and programs, e.g., CREF/Multifamily Housing Convention, CMF Servicing and Technology Conference, CMF executive roundtables. Monitor CMF membership retention and updates, partnering with other MBA departments, and develops solutions to address member needs and interests. As assigned, works with MBA staff and members to develop and draft analyses on business, industry, regulatory, legislative, and other matters of importance to MBA’s CMF membership.
- Work with VP of CMF and MBA subject-matter experts develop initiatives designed to enhance and increase CMF member engagement, particularly among focused member constituencies and sectors, and among different functional roles within member companies.
- Organize, develop, and draft member-relevant agendas for member forums and roundtable meetings with content tailored to the commercial real estate finance sector or subsector. Manage member-related aspects of these meetings including speakers, facilitators, schedules, and rosters to achieve maximum member participation and satisfaction. Contribute to the development, maintenance, and implementation of a comprehensive CMF member engagement strategy.
- Maintain and build strong professional working relationships with key individuals within CMF member firms and other stakeholders.
- Assist with developing and drafting the content and structure of the CREF Commercial and Multifamily Housing Convention and the CMF Servicing & Technology Conference.
- Draft, prepare, and deliver written communications to members informing them of MBA activities and engagement activities. Present MBA CMF value proposition to member constituencies, as appropriate, at various member meetings.
- Develop and draft succinct and cogent communications to MBA member audiences on the range of business and industry matters impacting CMF finance to strengthen member engagement and participation.
- As assigned, review and provide substantive analyses on business, industry, regulatory and legislative matters. Develop and draft MBA analyses and papers on such topics. As assigned, draft position papers, comment letters, testimony, talking points and other communications.
- Partner with other MBA Groups in the development and delivery of member value to CMF members.
- Assist/manage projects and CMF committees, work groups, task forces, and other groups as directed, enlisting member participation and forging consensus.
- Keep abreast of developments relating to commercial multifamily mortgage industry through various means such as industry publications, attending meetings and contact with the industry.
- Monitor changes to CMF membership. Develop and execute action plans based on member retention needs and objectives.
Undergraduate degree required, with a minimum of five years commercial real estate finance industry experience focusing on client service, and communications. Knowledge of and experience in project management is strongly preferred.
The incumbent will be a self-starter, highly motivated, possess strong oral and written communication skills, and have a collaborative, team-oriented working style. Strong proven customer communication, organizational, strategic thinking, detail-oriented, and technology skills are required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability.