The incumbent will provide essential administrative and operational support to the SVP, General Counsel and SVP, Chief Financial Officer/Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer (CFO/CDIO). Assignments may be confidential and will generally require experience dealing with senior executives, strong analytical skills, superior attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Responsibilities also require discretion, judgment, tact, and poise. The incumbent will be expected to be proactive and execute most administrative tasks accurately with a minimal need for supervision.
The incumbent will assist the Deputy General Counsel and Human Resources in administrative management of departmental outcomes. All responsibilities require discretion, judgment, tact, and poise.
- Coordinates the schedule of and tracks assignments for the General Counsel, CFO/CDIO, and the Deputy General Counsel, to optimize their time, and facilitates the exchange of information concerning scheduling. Determines the nature of work requests and related appointments and develops or gathers necessary background material wherever possible. Post-meeting assignments may include following through to ensure that established projects are on schedule. Proactively monitors calendars in Outlook to assure that they are current and conflict-free, and posts entries as appropriate. Monitors the MBA Intranet to ensure the Department’s compliance with deadlines for budget and other administrative matters.
- Schedules meetings and provides administrative support for the MBA Board of Directors, Audit Committee, Investment Management Committee, and related MBA organizations. Prepares and disseminates Board materials for the MBA Board of Directors meetings. Interacts with the Board of Directors, Financial Committees, and other governance committees. Ensures meeting participants are informed of pertinent meeting information and maintains an accurate record of confirmed attendance. Handles all meetings logistics, including coordination with the Meetings Department, as necessary. Assists with the preparation, proofing, dissemination, and printing of all meeting materials, including aggregating information from stakeholders. Provides administrative support to Senior Vice Presidents on all MBA subsidiaries, including the MBA Opens Doors Foundation and other MBA related organizations.
- Prepares detailed itineraries and makes all travel arrangements for the Senior Vice Presidents, which includes airline reservations, hotel accommodations, travel advances, expense reports, etc. Coordinates and assembles all necessary briefing materials needed for trips.
- Provides as-needed administrative support to the VP of Human Resources such as scheduling meetings, ordering food for events, document preparation, and other administrative tasks.
- Handles all incoming calls for the General Counsel, CFO/CDIO and, as directed, responds to routine requests for information on non-technical topics from MBA members, the public, and MBA staff. Takes thorough messages and follows up on action times with General Counsel.
- Maintains the hard copy and electronic so that the files will be indexed and readily accessible. Maintains notebooks and electronic folders of corporate records, including the minutes of the Association’s Board of Directors, along with all resolutions and consents regarding informal action and the materials supporting them. Periodically purges files of outdated materials per the Association’s policies.
- Formats outgoing work product for general presentation consistent with MBA style standards, and the purpose of the document. Proofreads and edits documents for typos, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and general sentence structure. Distributes the work product as directed. Makes sure that work products are treated to protect confidential information, as appropriate.
- Supports CDIO with the execution of the MBA’s internal and external diversity and inclusion strategy. Provides support for EMBRACE (MBA’s culture of inclusion) by scheduling all EMBRACE events and coordinating event logistics (ordering food, room set up, a/v, coordinating speakers, etc.). Assists with the overall execution of events and scheduled training, including materials preparation and ordering event supplies. Schedules and attends EMBRACE team meetings and provides notes for follow up. Maintains the EMBRACE shared drive, shared calendar, and email box. Maintains EMBRACE committee contact lists and generate reports. Assists with the maintenance of EMBRACE television, including content creation and updating. Assists CDIO with external diversity and inclusion strategy by maintaining partnership matrix and sponsorship tracking forms in Excel. Assists with logistics and managing events with Diversity & Inclusion partners. Ensures quarterly/bi-annual partnership check-ins are scheduled. Assists the CDIO with tracking metrics.
- Primary contact for operation of the DocuPhase Contract Management system. Manages document flow in the DocuPhase system, which includes reviewing all contract requests for completeness and accuracy before forwarding to the attorney and troubleshoots user issues. Labels files so that they are readily identifiable as to subject matter and age and organizes materials within a file. Ensures fully executed contracts are appropriately submitted in DocuPhase and filed electronically. Sets up new users, and conducts DocuPhase training for new employees, as identified. Drafts and maintains “quick start” and other user guides for the DocuPhase system. Processes contracts in DocuPhase for all departments supported.
- Manages MBA’s Lobbying Disclosure Act (“LDA”) compliance program under the supervision of the General Counsel. Initiates collection of third-party lobbying contract data, employee expense data, and staff lobbying time data; distributes periodic employee surveys and answers routine questions about them and other aspects of the LDA compliance program and prepares the first draft of the lobbying reporting form. Flags issues for the attention of the General Counsel.
- Assists the General Counsel in responding to third-party document requests, whether informal or by subpoena, including electronic document retrieval and document organization. As directed, handles routine corporate filings for MBA and all subsidiaries in a timely manner.
- Uses the internet to perform basic legal research. Reports on basic trademark searches, as directed, and maintains a list of trademark applications and their status.
- Maintains those portions of MBA@Work (MBA Intranet) that are under the management of Legal Affairs (includes trademark lists, LDA compliance, government contracting issues, corporate and legal policies, and the like).
- Responsible for the preparation and monitoring of the Legal Department’s budget reports. Assists in developing preliminary data and background information for the annual budget.
This position description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other functions, as assigned.
Undergraduate degree in a related field combined with a minimum of five years’ experience working in an executive-level administrative capacity. However, significant and relevant experience may be substituted for a portion of the educational requirements. Prior experience providing Board of Directors administration is preferred. Extensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications is required, along with possessing advanced general computer skills competency and the ability to learn new software.
Excellent grammar and communications skills are necessary. Experience with an electronic contract management system is a plus. Organization, punctuality, accuracy, self-discipline, initiative, and the ability to interact positively with others are also essential traits for the incumbent. Strong commitment to customer service. (S)he must also be able to handle multiple competing priorities and sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.