MIL is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology – and we are looking for candidates like you. Whether you’re fresh out of college or the military or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be right for you.
Here at The MIL Corporation, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here, and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Last year alone, we earned:
Whether your goal is to help defend our country through the cyber efforts of the Department of Defense or ensure proper financial management/accountability with the Department of State, The MIL Corporation welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference.
The MIL Corporation seeks a System Administrator, Senior to support a Federal Government client at our Lexington Park, MD location. The System Administrator will manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
• Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems
• Set up administrator and service accounts
• Maintain system documentation
• Interact with users and evaluate vendor products
• Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinate installation and provide backup recovery
• Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
• Develop and implement testing strategies and document results
• Provide advice and training to end-users
• Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
• Participate in special projects as required
• May be required to program in administrative languages
• Bachelor’s in a Computer Science or relevant technical discipline and 5 years of experience in systems administration and analysis; Associate’s in a technical discipline or related field and an additional 4 years of IT experience -OR- HS/GED and an additional 8 years of IT experience can be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
• Experience with creating documentation and the ability to provide training to end-users
• Experience with testing and documenting testing results
• Very good verbal and written communication skills
• Great attention to detail
• TS SCI clearance
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CJP #CB
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.