EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (EMT) - SOBERING CENTER
JOB CATEGORY: PRIMARY CARE / BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
POSITION SUMMARY: This EMT staff position provides intake and health monitoring services at the Totah Behavioral Health Sobering Center for individuals experiencing an episode of public intoxication.
• 18 years or older. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have by date of hire and maintain current throughout employment:
• New Mexico State registration as Emergency Medical Technician – Basic or Emergency Medical Technician – Intermediate.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) / Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. Certification must meet the requirements listed in the document “BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources” posted on Staurolite.
This position requires successful completion of:
• According to PMS Human Resources Policy 205.006, “Healthcare Personnel Testing & Immunization Requirements,” this position must comply with required testing and immunizations. Testing and immunizations including TB, Hepatitis B (consent or waiver), Tdap, MMR, and Varicella, will be available at the employee’s PMS health center. Influenza vaccines will be required according to dates set by the CDC and NMDOH.
• An initial post-offer of employment Criminal Records Check