MEDICAL ASSISTANT I (Temp/on-call)
JOB CATEGORY: PRIMARY CARE
POSITION SUMMARY: This position involves assisting the professional and para-professional staff in rendering health care.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Thorough knowledge of nursing aide duties preferred.
• Must become proficient in phlebotomy within 120 days of hire.
• Ability to speak Spanish or Navajo desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Have or be able to obtain First Aid and BLS/CPR certification within 30 days of hire date. Certification must meet the requirements listed in the document “BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources” posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep your certification current at all times.
This position requires successful completion of an initial post-offer of employment
• According to PMS Human Resources Policy 205.006, “Healthcare Personnel Testing & Immunization Requirements,” this position must comply with required testing and immunizations. Testing and immunizations including TB, Hepatitis B (consent or waiver), Tdap, MMR, and Varicella, will be available at the employee’s PMS health center. Influenza vaccines will be required according to dates set by the CDC and NMDOH.
If assigned to the Checkerboard Area Health System, this position requires successful completion of an initial post-offer of employment:
• Criminal Records Check.
EOE/AA/M/F/SO/Vet/Disability/Native American Hiring Preference