EMERGENCT MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (EMT) - BASIC (Temp/on-call)
JOB CATEGORY: PRIMARY CARE
POSITION SUMMARY: The EMT – Basic staff position provides pre-hospital emergency care and transportation for injured and/or ill patients to city hospitals for the Cuba Ambulance Service of PMS.
• 18 years or older. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
• Completion of a State approved Emergency Medical Technician Basic course.
• Must meet state and federal requirements for ambulance attendant and driver.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must obtain by date of hire and maintain current throughout employment:
• New Mexico State registration as Emergency Medical Technician – Basic.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) / Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. Certification must meet the requirements listed in the document “BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources” posted on Staurolite.
• Must obtain Medical Examiner’s certificate within six months of employment.
This position requires successful completion of:
• an initial post-offer of employment Criminal Records Check;
• According to PMS Human Resources Policy 205.006, “Healthcare Personnel Testing & Immunization Requirements,” this position must comply with required testing and immunizations. Testing and immunizations including TB, Hepatitis B (consent or waiver), Tdap, MMR, and Varicella, will be available at the employee’s PMS health center. Influenza vaccines will be required according to dates set by the CDC and NMDOH.
• A health exam every two years in accordance with the State Ambulance Driver Regulations, 188.8.131.52.
As a condition of initial and continuing employment, subject to post offer of employment, random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing, as required by PMS Policy on Drug and Alcohol Testing, II.D.4.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License, equivalent to New Mexico class “D” or higher.
• Must obtain a certificate of completion of a Defensive Driving / Coaching the Emergency Vehicle Operator (CEVO) course within first year of employment.
• Must provide a current motor vehicle record.
• Must be insurable by the PMS automobile liability carrier upon hire and while employed in this position.
• Must comply with PMS Policies on Automobile Usage, II.D.3 and Drug Free Workplace, III.H.
• May be required to complete transportation related trainings.
EOE/AA/M/F/SO/Vet/Disability/Native American Hiring Preference