Procurement and Contract Administrator
The Transit Authority of River City (TARC) has an opportunity for an experienced, team oriented and energetic Procurement & Contract Administrator. Under the direction of the Director of Procurement, the Procurement and Contract Administrator plans, organizes, facilitates, participates in, develops, manages, and evaluates procurement projects to support the on-going needs of Transit Authority of River City. This role shall support the operational requirements of the Authority through collaboration and partnership with our internal project owners, department users and inter-agency stakeholders, using a data driven approach to deliver greatest value to the Authority and its transit riders. This role will work closely with our project owners and departments to build and sustain value-based solutions across TARC. The role will provide support in facilitating the overall procurement and contract management cycle. This role shall follow the guidelines, policies and regulations approved by the Authority as required by the federal, state and local governments on all procurement opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify procurement opportunities by collaborating and assisting in budget planning with project owners, department users and other stakeholders. This role is in a position to facilitate the consolidation of procurements of different stakeholders with the same need.
- Procurement planning is an essential part of this responsibility. This position shall conduct formal procurement planning meeting with stakeholders, and if necessary other external collaborators. This task should be performed on every procurement opportunities. A formal planning and activities shall be developed for every procurement opportunity and shall be part of the written procurement of history including pricing/cost analysis, risk analysis, return on investment analysis and the independent cost estimates.
- Assist and support in the review process of the technical specifications and the development of statement of work to ensure specifications and statements of work complies federal, state and local rules and regulations and to encourage stakeholders the use of best procurement practice methods for achieving full and open competition.
- Defines, develops, facilitates and oversees the end-to-end procurement cycle from pre-solicitation to award, including contract negotiations; assist in contract execution and board approval documentation.
- This role is responsible for all procurement-related communications with internal stakeholders, partners and the supplier community. Oversees the communications throughout the progress and activities of the solicitation to ensure preservation of integrity of the procurement solicitation process.
- Examine all offers are in compliant according to policies and regulations by performing the compliant checklist provided in the procurement manual. Preside over evaluation committee meetings, oversee the committee and attend any presentations and demonstrations being procured. Oversees the technical evaluation to ensure it is consistent with defined evaluation criteria and that the contract file is adequately documented to reflect the relative strengths, deficiencies, weaknesses and risks of the various proposals. Maintain the overall integrity of the procurement, prepares the documentations for board approvals.
- Responsible for the administration, implementation, modifications, changes and disputes of contracts. Reviews and approval for acceptance of goods and services and payments. Assist in the construction of board resolutions, supporting documents, and accompanying memos for procurements. Perform all post-contract execution activities such as creation (data entry) of purchase orders, audits, vendor performance reviews, FTA required forms, vendor debriefing, and familiarity with DBE/MBE regulations and DBE project reporting, and the final review and processing of contract close-outs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Economics or related field with four (4) years of experience in a formal purchasing environment or two (2) years of buying or procurement experience in a public agency.
- Working knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Program or other database, financial enterprise and/or procurement systems of similar complexity required.
- Experience with administration of bids, contracts and purchasing procedures required.
- Ability to self-manage and make decisions about inventory and supplies.
- Candidate must be well organized with the ability to multi-task and accurately handle detail work.
- Should possess good math and analytical skills and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful performance on pre-employment test(s).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required.
- Must be able to maintain a valid driver’s license.
This work is performed in a building with the Maintenance and Transportation departments. The incumbent will be exposed to diesel fumes and/or airborne particles, noise, and room temperatures that are not easily regulated. The work requires handling parts that may be heavy (up to 20 lbs.) and unclean. Checking inventories may require walking, climbing, stooping, and bending. Hazards include exposure to flammable products.
Transit Authority of River City (TARC) is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the community we serve. Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for those who are able to perform the essential duties of the position.