The Transit Authority of River City (TARC) is looking for a full time Transportation Planner for its Planning and Scheduling Department. Responsibilities include a broad range of transportation planning functions, data research and reports generation, policies and procedures, oversight of on-street infrastructure, use of geographic information systems (GIS), National Transit Database (NTD), passenger counts and field data collection, public meetings and community outreach events.
Prospective candidates with background in transportation planning, data analysis, ArcGIS mapping, scheduling and operations, and minimum of 3 years experience in a related position are encouraged to apply. Applicants should be detail oriented and enjoy working with various transportation planning projects, data collection and analysis, in a fast paced, team-oriented work-environment. Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities and computer skills are required.
- Experience with transportation planning, data analysis, ArcGIS, NTD reporting, scheduling, public communication, and TARC system are preferred.
- This position requires post secondary education in urban or transportation planning, geography, engineering, computer programming, or related field.
- Must be self motivated with a strong sense of urgency and have ability to coordinate multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
- A combination of education, training, and experience may be substituted when competency in the position is demonstrated.
- Essential position requirements and qualifications must be met.
- Successful performance on pre-employment tests is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for those who are able to perform the essential duties of the position.