Together, we are creating a dynamic products and services company, dedicated to supporting research that makes a real difference to people’s lives. Consider joining us as a maintenance technician in our operations department in Indianapolis, IN! We are committed to providing our customers with exactly what they need, from outsourced single studies and the supply of animal models and services, to managing complex programs and the development of long term strategic partnerships.
To drive our business forward, we pride ourselves in recruiting the best - professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated people who are passionate about what we do and believe in what we stand for… making a difference in people’s lives.
We are evolving to become an outstanding company that will challenge our competitors and be the best company to work with…and for. Come and join us - we have an exciting future ahead!
- Maintenance Technicians are responsible for general repairs and maintenance on buildings, structures and equipment. Maintenance Technicians are generally tasked with day-to-day upkeep of facility equipment that provides vital resources for animal breeding.
How you will contribute to make a difference
- Performs electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, and HVAC system.
- Performs diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Performs dismantling, assembling, and installing industrial machinery.
- Requisitions and keeps supply of spare parts.
- Performs preventative maintenance schedules, special projects, and area repair requests.
- Follow company policies and observe safety regulations/rules.
- Follow specifications, wire schematics, blueprints, job orders, and assigned duties.
- Performs work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment.
- Responds to alarm calls associated with equipment or building conditions.
- Assists in maintaining facility equipment lists, equipment files, and history of repairs.
- Operate Siemens control system in regards to basic on/off commands and reading reports.
- Performs calibrations of applicable equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Is this you? If so, apply today!
- Perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience or 1-2 years related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general procedures and equipment manuals. Ability to write reports. Ability to respond to questions from a supervisor.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Envigo is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity