Together, we are creating a dynamic products and services company, dedicated to supporting research that makes a real difference to people’s lives. Consider joining us as a Vet Tech in our operations department in Alice, TX! We are committed to providing our customers with exactly what they need, from outsourced single studies and the supply of animal models and services, to managing complex programs and the development of long term strategic partnerships.
To drive our business forward, we pride ourselves in recruiting the best - professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated people who are passionate about what we do and believe in what we stand for… making a difference in people’s lives.
We are evolving to become an outstanding company that will challenge our competitors and be the best company to work with…and for. Come and join us - we have an exciting future ahead!
- Works closely with the veterinary staff in supporting the nonhuman primate (NHP) colonies in Alice, TX. Monitors animal health and welfare with the opportunity to work with different NHP species. Position includes assisting all departments onsite including the hospital, behavior, quarantine, shipping and outside colony teams. Performs technical medical procedures in the various departments and assists the veterinary team in all aspects of animal care.
How you will contribute to make a difference
- Perform initial assessment and physical examination of animals.
- Perform non-invasive surgeries with veterinary support.
- Provide nursery support to NHP orphans and/or newborns.
- Administer therapeutic modalities such as medications, bandaging, splints, fluid therapy, safe application of external heart source, etc.
- Dental procedures, such as routine cleaning and/or extractions.
- Monitor anesthesia and recovery.
- Assist veterinarians in various medical procedures, including handling of animals.
- Obtain diagnostic radiographs/ultrasounds and maintain upkeep of equipment.
- Obtain and submit diagnostic samples to laboratory.
- Opportunity to train technical staff on procedures.
- Collects data and documents pertinent information in compliance with regulatory agency guidelines.
- Helps maintain facilities for AAALAC compliance.
Is this you? If so, apply today!
- Bachelor or Associates degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology, Associate degree in Veterinary Technology, Registered Vet Tech or Certified Vet Tech with a minimum of six months experience. Experience may be substituted for education requirements.
- AALAS certification at the Laboratory Animal Technologist level desirable.
- Six months of experience in a laboratory or veterinary setting preferred
- Knowledge of anatomic and physiologic variations in lab animals, animal husbandry, behavior, feeding, nutrition, diseases, and reproduction.
- Ability to effectively interact with laboratory staff and clients.
- Skilled in concise writing and intermediate level computer operations.
- Ability to accurately read, record, and communicate information.
- Must be able to work with laboratory animals.
Envigo is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity