Together, we are creating a dynamic products and services company, dedicated to supporting research that makes a real difference to people’s lives. Consider joining us as a Study Technician in our Operation/Production department in Cumberland,VA! We are committed to providing our customers with exactly what they need, from outsourced single studies and the supply of animal models and services, to managing complex programs and the development of long term strategic partnerships.
To drive our business forward, we pride ourselves in recruiting the best - professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated people who are passionate about what we do and believe in what we stand for… making a difference in people’s lives.
We are evolving to become an outstanding company that will challenge our competitors and be the best company to work with…and for. Come and join us - we have an exciting future ahead!
To collect, document, and manage pertinent data including animal observations, test material administration, and clinical sample collection in compliance with appropriate SOPs and regulatory agency guidelines. To monitor animal health and welfare in compliance with the Animal Welfare Act and help maintain facilities for AAALAC compliance
How you will contribute to make a difference
- The scope of this position is within one site across multiple studies daily.
- Assess and document clinical observations, body weight data, food consumption data, environmental data, and other data on the appropriate data collection system (or by hand when necessary).
- Understands and interprets a protocol.
- Daily observations
- Recommends modifications in test methods or procedures.
- Perform study management, data organization, QA audit response, internal and external client communication skills, and quality check procedures.
- Ensure that a study is conducted according to protocol, SOPs, IACUC and government regulations.
- Utilizes computer software for forms and procedure generation while maintaining well documented records.
- Perform basic dosing techniques and restraint procedures.
- Learns advanced dosing and clinical sampling techniques.
- Performs basic ECG, blood pressure, and body temperature measurement procedures as appropriate.
- Receive, donate and euthanize animals according to AVMA guidelines.
- Maintains sanitation and working order of animal rooms and equipment in compliance with SOPs and AAALAC requirements.
- Recognizes deviations from expected results and takes appropriate action.
- Able to adapt techniques to new procedures or particular needs as directed.
- Report all animal care concerns and become involved in the resolution and corrective action, when necessary.
- May be involved in client tours or client interaction during study initiations.
- Assists in other groups as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel Requirements: Yes
- Limited travel for training or special projects.
Is this you? If so, apply today!
- Bachelor degree in Life Sciences, Associates degree in Laboratory Animal Technology, or Associate degree in Veterinary Technology (Experience may be substituted for education requirements.)
- A minimum of six months experience as an Animal Technician.
- AALAS certification at Laboratory Animal Technician level desirable.
- Mandatory immunizations and screening as required.
- Overtime and weekend work as required as needed.
- May work with potentially hazardous substances not limited to known /potential teratogens or carcinogens and/or radiolabeled test materials.
- Work will require PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with laboratory animals
Envigo is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities / Females / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity