PREP COOK, CALIFORNIA
Robert Taira founded King’s Hawaiian in Hilo Hawaii in 1950 years ago and, after capturing the lion’s share of the bakery business on the big island, moved the business to Honolulu in the 60’s. There, King’s Hawaiian became not only the largest bakery business and a successful restaurant, but also the largest customer in Hawaii of the US Postal Service due to the huge mail order business from stateside consumers who craved the Original Sweet Bread. To realize the next vision in his plan, Robert moved the business to Torrance, CA in the early 70’s where it resides today with two restaurants and two bakery plants including one of the most modern in the industry. King’s Hawaiian is continuing to grow and has built a new bakery facility near Atlanta GA that has been live since October, 2011. The company, which is still 100% family owned, is now led by Robert’s son Mark who serves as CEO and continues the family’s long time commitment to irresistible quality and behavioral values that make King’s Hawaiian a great place to work.
Mission Statement: We deliver irresistible Hawaiian foods and Aloha Spirit that families love everywhere everyday.
Core Values: Excellence / Dignity / Telling it like it is, in a way that can be heard
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Prepares all dishes on menu from recipe cards
2. May also schedule for dishwashing duties.
3. Organizes and maintains the in coming products and stores in the proper locations.
4. Follows all prep lists and able to keep documentation according to procedures.
5. Insures procedures in food areas are sanitized according to Department of health standards.
6. Preps items needed for front line.
7. Keeps the food areas organized and ready for daily business and rush times.
8. Follows schedule to keep prep area , equipment, and all stations clean.
9. Maintains the safe and proper use of all equipment.
10. Recycles all products that may be reused.
11. Loading and unloading goods in the oven, often carrying hot pans.
12. Maintains and cleans all equipment, oven areas, and tools.
13. Maintains the prep equipment and keeps clean at all times.
14. Keeps all wall, floors, shelves, drains, and mats clean.
15. Assist in other areas assigned.
16. Keeps customer and employee areas clean safe, and stocked for daily business.
17. Follows all sanitation guidelines as prescribed by the health department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education: High School Diploma; Cooking school
Experience: 1 – 2 years experience
Serv Safe certified