Also, please complete job assessment to be considered for the role: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/OLGP
Robert Taira founded King’s Hawaiian in Hilo Hawaii 61 years ago and, after capturing the lion’s share of the bakery business on the big island, moved the business to Honolulu in the 60’s. There, King’s Hawaiian became not only the largest bakery business and a successful restaurant, but also the largest customer in Hawaii of the US Postal Service due to the huge mail order business from stateside consumers who craved the Original Sweet Bread. To realize the next vision in his plan, Robert moved the business to Torrance, CA in the early 70’s where it resides today with two restaurants and two bakery plants including one of the most modern in the industry. King’s Hawaiian is continuing to grow and has built a new bakery facility near Atlanta GA that has been live since October, 2011. The company, which is still 100% family owned, is now led by Robert’s son Mark who serves as CEO and continues the family’s long time commitment to irresistible quality and behavioral values that make King’s Hawaiian a great place to work.
This person is responsible for delivering excellent personal customer service with Aloha spirit to our bakery customers, both in person and over the phone
Excellence. At $100 million in revenues, we are a large company and we need to strive for excellence in order to maintain our momentum. We may not be excellent all the time, but we must move toward excellence and embrace the change needed to continuously improve.
Dignity. Maintaining the Taira family values of treating everyone with kindness and respect. Respecting ourselves and others. Honoring our commitments. Holding each other accountable. Practicing what we preach. Appreciating each others differences. Professionalism.
Telling it like it is in a way that can be heard. Be honest. Push back. Give feedback to others about their behavior and how it affects you. Deliver the message in a way that can be “heard” and understood by others – not in an angry, sarcastic or disrespectful way; “energetic vs. emotional.” Share information. Manage conflict vs. avoiding conflict. Take personal responsibility for creating trust within the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Servicing our walk in and phone customers by
A. Packing any items they request from the showcase
B. Taking their orders accurately and completely, and filing their orders under the appropriate date and department (both regular and wedding orders)
C. Retrieving customer order when they arrive for pick up
2. Restocking the showcase and lobby with product as needed
3. Maintains all sales department tools, supplies, & tables clean.
4. Maintains the lobby and showcase clean, fresh, and organized
5. Reports all equipment problems to the supervisor or manager immediately.
6. Helps in training of new employees or employees who change job classifications.
7. Cooperate on all matters relating to safety and health in the work area and positively promote safety in our operations.
8. Understand and comply with all general and specific safe job procedures that apply to your job.
9. Plan and carry out job assignments without creating hazards to yourself and other employees.
10. Report all unsafe conditions or equipment immediately.
11. Immediately report to your Supervisor/Manager all accidents and obtain first aid for all injuries no matter how minor.
12. Report to work physically and mentally ready to do the job. We insist on a substance free environment.
13. Understands and follows the safety plan, procedures, evacuation, equipment training, PPE’s, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This individual must be Safety conscience. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATES / LICENSES / PERSONAL SKILLS
• High School Diploma a plus
• Food handling experience would be beneficial, specifically in the baking industry
• Ability to do simple arithmetic for customer orders
• Must have excellent verbal communication skills
Able to read, speak, and understand English clearly for customer orders
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, and crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move more than 30 pounds with assistance from co-worker and/or mechanical devices. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment of this position is sometimes chaotic & load. This person will sometimes be working within the production area, which has semi-loud / heavy duty equipment operating in designated areas – reaching anywhere from 85 to 95 decibels. This person will sometimes be required to go in & out of the bakery walk in coolers and freezers – reaching temperatures anywhere from 45 degrees (F) to minus 5 degrees (F). Personal protective equipment will be provided to the employee for excessive noise / temperatures.