|Location:||KBS - King's Hawaiian Bakery Southeast|
|# of Openings:||4|
Robert Taira founded King’s Hawaiian in Hilo Hawaii 64 years ago and, after capturing the lion’s share of the bakery business on the big island, moved the business to Honolulu in the 60’s. There, King’s Hawaiian became not only the largest bakery business and a successful restaurant, but also the largest customer in Hawaii of the US Postal Service due to the huge mail order business from stateside consumers who craved the Original Sweet Bread. To realize the next vision in his plan, Robert moved the business to Torrance, CA in the early 70’s where it resides today with two restaurants and two bakery plants including one of the most modern in the industry. King’s Hawaiian is continuing to grow and built a brand new bakery facility near Atlanta GA that went live in October 2011.
The company, which is still 100% family owned, is now led by Robert’s son Mark who serves as CEO and continues the family’s long time commitment to irresistible quality and behavioral values that make King’s Hawaiian a great place to work.
Mission Statement: We deliver irresistible Hawaiian foods and Aloha Spirit that families love everywhere everyday.
Core Values: Excellence / Dignity / Telling it like it is, in a way that can be heard
This position will require an individual who takes pride and ownership in his/her work, and is willing to accept total responsibility for the performance of the packaging machine operation on his/her shift. This individual must possess good mechanical skills and be able to demonstrate their ability to produce quality product at levels that will allow the plant to meet or exceed its goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Tends numerically controlled equipment that automatically bags or wraps baked product into packaging materials and secures them closed.
2. Pushes buttons to activate control panel and observes lights and dials to verify that panel and equipment is functioning. Inspects sections of bagging or wrapping equipment, such as conveyors, x-ray machines, and clip closure machines to verify that equipment is clean.
3. Sets up machine to specified settings. Adjust controls as necessary to maintain the proper product specifications.
4. Perform machine and product changeovers accurately in standard allocated time for individual lines.
5. Puts finished product on scales to verify the weight of the product is scaled per specifications. Informs QA and Supervisor is product in not meeting specifications.
6. Monitor and adjust scales to ensure proper weights.
7. Documents data into Quality Assurance Forms to completion.
8. Monitors the product for the desired specifications and quality.
9. Notifies the Supervisor when the product is out of specification.
1Q_ Maintains log sheets as necessary that are required for Quality Assurance.
11. Complete required production paperwork to accurately calculate run time, efficiencies and cases produced.
12. Weights and records all rejects onto forms. Transports waste to recycle collection.
13. Reports equipment malfunctions to Supervisor and maintenance personnel.
14. Ensure that work areas are clean and that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) are fully complied with by sweeping and wiping down equipment.
15. Performs other duties in packaging as necessary.
16. Assists in training of new employees or employees who change job classifications.
17. Maintain a high level of sanitation and GMP's.
18. Complete tasks and projects as required by the company
19. Promotes safety in the work area by understanding and complying with safety procedures and reporting all accidents in a timely manner.
20. Responsible for metal detector/ X-Ray checks
21. Responsible for the Quality and Food Safety functions within designated department and as assigned by management and the Quality Department.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma, or GED equivalent. 1-3 years food production area experience.
Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate orally and fill out production and quality assurance reports in English.
Ability to add, subtract, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with assistance from co-worker and/or mechanic devices. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must be available to work overtime, nights, weekends, and Holidays.
We participate in E-Verify. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE MFDV.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results