|Location:||King's Hawaiian Bakery and Restaurant, Torrance, CA|
|# of Openings:||1|
Reporting to the General Manager, the Supervisor maintains operational excellence in both the bakery and restaurant through supervision, coaching, and modeling of the values and Aloha behaviors. This position is responsible for driving organizational efficiencies and effectiveness with an emphasis on providing an Aloha experience through gracious guest services and irresistible baked goods and Hawaiian foods. Ensuring employee safety, store cleanliness, and food handling best practices are being followed, and communicating observations and activities to the staff and management teams. This is a working supervisory position that will also be directly involved in the actual daily operational activities in all departments. The supervisor is responsible for enthusiastically living the culture, values, and Aloha behaviors of King’s Hawaiian.
• Supports operational processes, systems, and controls so they are maintained and effective.
• Inspects and follows up on assigned tasks and goals (side work and assigned cleaning duties).
• Delivers or provides training and resources required for staff members to perform their roles.
• Develops subordinates through coaching and cross-training.
• Monitors and supports timely Aloha service standards.
• Effective use of written and verbal techniques to communicate company priorities and goals with staff.
• Ensures all staff members follow safety procedures and all Personal Protective equipment is being used properly as required.
• Eliminates injuries through proper training, communication, and enforcement of procedures.
• Uses KH Values and Aloha Behaviors to communicate.
Training / Learning Development –
• Gives ongoing feedback and conducts training and cross-training of staff.
• Uses training program to develop staff efficiency.
• Provides feedback to supervisor for formal evaluation process.
• Responsible for assisting with training of staff on new procedures and products.
• Contributes to a safe work environment through clear communication on safety procedures and expectations.
• Recommends and assists with development of systems and processes for better effectiveness and efficiency.
• Assists with and provides feedback for 30/60/90 day review of new hires.
Processes / Systems / Controls (Health and Safety) –
• Reviews and recommends improvements to current operating procedures for employee food safety.
• Provides a safe work / food environment for our employees and guests.
• Assists with monthly safety training goals and sign off.
• Uses approved processes to maintain cleanliness, and food and safety inspection scores of 90% or higher.
• Uses the procedures to drive productivity and motivation, and eliminate or minimize overtime and meal penalties.
• Ensures all cash handling and security procedures are followed.
• Meets with supervisor regularly to align vision, objectives, and expectations.
• Assists with schedules and provides feedback to department managers.
• Assists Marketing department to successfully implement and measure promotions and special events.
• Participates in the weekly manager meeting, sharing updates of tasks, needs, and goals.
• Assists with coordinating catering orders and special events with deliveries and scheduling.
• Works with supervisor to communicate maintenance building and equipment P.M.’s (Preventative Maintenance) issues and needs.
• Coordinates catering orders with the kitchen as needed.
• Supports catering as needed.
• Assists with deliveries of catering orders as needed.
• Ensures proper staffing during shift is maintained to meet Aloha Experience and labor goals.
• Prepares and communicates pre-shift meeting notes to drive key result areas.
• The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
• High School Graduate or GED.
• 1-3 years of supervisory or like experience.
• Strong Guest service orientation.
• Moderate WORD and EXCEL applications.
• ServSafe certification required.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results