The Production Supervisor coordinate and supervises the activities of production and packaging workers while maintaining King’s Hawaiian Safety and quality standards.
1. Supervise production line operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
2. Train and coach production line employees.
3. Conduct employee performance reviews.
4. Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
5. Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
6. Coordinate with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
7. Schedule and conduct shift meetings.
8. Responsible to meet shift production goals.
9. Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
10. Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
11. Communicate with other Shift Supervisors and Plant Manager.
12. Ensure a clean and safe work area.
13. Complete shift paper work.
14. Assist in production as necessary.
15. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. College degree with 2 years of leadership or supervisory experience preferred
OR 5 years supervisory experience
2. Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
3. Excellent skill in Microsoft Suite.
4. Key Leadership Competencies in addition to Ethics / Values and Integrity / Trust, (Action Oriented, Directing Others, Priority Setting, Decision Quality, Organizing, Process Management).
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, slip resistant shoes, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
We participate in E-Verify. To find out more information regarding e-Verify, please visit www.uscis.gov/E-Verify