Under the direction of the Production Manager and Head baker, the Baker 1 is responsible for the production of multiple bakery products according to culinary, production and quality standards. The Baker 1 staff member will accurately and appropriately utilize bakery equipment to weigh, sift, measure and mix baking ingredients in order to prepare and bake the baked good items (i.e. breads, rolls, cookies, pies, cakes and brownies). All production will be completed by the Baker 1 employee while adhering to all food handling and sanitation guidelines as well as established timelines set forth by the production schedule.
- Assist Production Manager, Head Baker and other bakers as well as work independently to create baked goods by following recipes and/or product directions to prepare items from scratch (i.e. breads, cookies, rolls, muffins, biscuits, cakes, and pastries).
- Mix and deposit batters into pans to prepare for baking (i.e. high ratio cake, cheesecake, fillings, pound cakes, crumb, graham crust ect.).
- Assist Production Manager, Head Baker and other bakers in operating baking machinery to produce baked goods (i.e. ovens, slicing machine, wrapping machine, etc.).
- Assist in removing finished products from pans
- Prepare orders to go out to customers
- Manage both the baked and unbaked inventories (i.e. eggs, flour, and pastry cream) while keeping track of their expiration dates and cycling them appropriately for use before the product expires.
- Roll, cut, bake cookie dough.
- Place finished cookies into bags for selling.
- Slice and bag loaves of bread and rolls.
- Create pastry dough and coffee cake make-up.
- Create chocolate crumb from chocolate cakes.
- Regulates the drafts and temperatures of the ovens and places/removes product from them.
Health and Safety:
- Keep all food storage areas clean and sanitary
- Maintain and sanitize baking utensils, tools, and machinery.
- Strictly adhere to food safety laws and standards while preparing bakery products.
- Follow all Company Safety policies and procedures.
- Keep work area clean, organized and safe.
- Informs management of necessary improvements in physical condition of building, repairs, and maintenance.
- Follows all sanitation guidelines as prescribed by the health department.
- Cooperates on all matters relating to safety and health in the work area and positively promotes safety in operations.
- Immediately reports all accidents to the Supervisor/Manager and obtains first aid for all injuries.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. ● Speaks and understands basic English. ● Common sense logical reasoning ability. ● Able to report to work physically and mentally ready to do the job. We insist on a substance-free work environment. ● Able to be present at work for assigned schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and extended hours when required. ● Able to handle multiple tasks and work well in an environment with time constraints.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
King’s Hawaiian is committed to providing a safe and drug-free work environment for our employees.