OCHIN is currently looking for a talented Developer Team Supervisor to join our team!
Who is OCHIN?
OCHIN is one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. Here, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices.
Our corporate office is located in beautiful downtown Portland, Oregon. Working with us, you’ll find challenging projects, a collaborative team, and some of the best employee perks around, including public transportation reimbursement, an onsite gym, wellness challenges with cash prizes, community volunteering activities and much more! Recognized as one of the Top 100 Nonprofits to work for in Oregon. OCHIN is committed to creating a positive and enjoyable workplace for all its employees.
The Developer Team Supervisor is responsible for overseeing, organizing and driving the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of effective Interface programs and at OCHIN. The Developer Team Supervisor establishes Key Business Process, coordinates resource availability, measures project deliverables to ensure specifications and timelines are met and manages overall team performance and development of skills.
Outcomes for Success
- Team Development: Leading, motivating, developing skills and measuring to positive outcomes for a team of Interoperability Developers, meeting both organizational and member needs; recognizing and rewarding appropriately
- Manage projects and work of the team in alignment with executing team goals and objectives;
- Create operational/team processes to ensure they are effective, documented and followed;
- Tracking and measuring department, project, and individual performance goals;
- Support the analysis, planning, implementation and evaluation of relevant process improvement projects;
- Communicate with individuals and project leaders to deliver the best solution for the process improvement projects;
- Communicate and share information to relevant parties regarding team (decisions, outcomes, accomplishments, performance, learnings, best practices, etc.);
- Leads by example and being a role model of OCHIN’s Values by exhibiting positive behavior to the rest of the team;
- Manage team communications to ensure team has necessary information and tools necessary;
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum four (4) years of progressive growth in field;
Successful leadership abilities with the focus on bringing people together to execute needs;
Strong communication skills –speaking and delivering messages clearly as well as listening and understanding other’s needs;
Strong judgment and decision-making skills (i.e. using sound judgment of when to delegate tasks and when to roll up one’s sleeves and work with the team to get it done);
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Healthcare, Informatics, Information Technology or another related field;
Working knowledge of HL7 standards, FHIR, web service protocols (HTTPS, REST, SOAP, etc.);
Experience with Mirth interface engine;
Experience with Epic, including working knowledge of Cache API;
- Three (3) years of Supervisory experience or Leadership roles within teams highly;
- Desired Certifications or Proficiency:
- Mirth certification
- Epic certifications: Bridges, Interconnect, Cache, Chronicles
- Epic proficiencies: Care Everywhere, EpicCare Ambulatory, Prelude, Cadence, etc.
- This position will work remotely
- Up to 5% travel may be required
- Travel may be required based on business requirements for OCHIN Go-Live events, 1-2 trips per year
Our company culture is important to us. Successful candidates will identify easily with a set of character attributes, as listed below:
- A Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and have been told you have great customer service skills; you like people and want to help.
- A Critical Thinker: You have a mind that regularly looks for ways to find efficiencies, innovate, and make improvements where you can.
- Process Oriented: You’re able to understand, work in, create, and improve processes.
- A Collaborator: You’re a team player and relationship builder whose “can-do” attitude inspires others.
- Someone Who Seeks to Learn: You are eager to listen, study, and learn new things quickly; you are resourceful and are open to regularly accepting and growing from feedback.
- Entrepreneurial: You have proven success working in a fast-paced and changing environment; you are excited to play in a space where you’re adding value to the organization and its mission.
Job descriptions are designed to outline primary duties, responsibilities, and qualification requirements, and should not limit additional duties and responsibilities assigned. It is our expectation that all employees offer their services wherever and whenever deemed necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
Constant interpersonal skills, teamwork, customer service, problem analysis, and reading, speaking, writing, and understanding English. Frequent creativity, mentoring, presentations, and teaching. Occasional decision making and independent judgment or action. Frequent keyboarding, sitting, standing, hearing, and talking.
OCHIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. OCHIN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, as well as a check against the Office of Inspector General’s (OIG) exclusion list.