Mid-Level Distribution Engineer
POWER Engineers, Inc. is seeking a Mid-Level Distribution Engineer for the Power Delivery Distribution Department in our Orlando, Florida office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The qualified candidate must be familiar with the design and operation of utility distribution systems through direct employment within a utility’s distribution departments, by consulting of distribution planning and design to utilities, or a combination of the two
- Engineering and design for overhead and underground systems in varying electrical and environment conditions, with varying client and industry standards will be a primary responsibility
- The ability to have direct, positive client interaction on all phases of projects
- Assisting with developing proposals, work plans, budgets, and schedules as well as assisting with managing each element
- The ability to apply engineering calculations to various project challenges to develop the most complete and competent design
- Assignments may also include: preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, estimating costs, and customer advocacy such as acquiring easements
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering; preferably Electrical, Civil, or Structural
- Five (5)+ years of utility distribution experience
- Significant knowledge of the design and operation of overhead and underground distribution lines (4 kV through 35 kV), and URD
- The qualified candidate should be experienced with utility standards, NEC, NESC, joint facilities design, compatible units, and construction package development
- Underground design experience working and coordinating with developers for new residential, commercial developments and high rises
- Experience designing underground feeders from the Substation, cable sizing and cable derating
- Electric distribution system using various software systems and construction standards
- The qualified candidate should have prior working relationship with utilities or utility experience
- Must be able to successfully pass client's background screening process
- A valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- A Master’s degree in Engineering or Management
- A registered Professional Engineer in Florida or the ability to obtain registration through reciprocity prior to starting
- Certification for a Project Management Professional
- Individuals currently located in the Southeast, Southeast area will have strong preference
- Exposure to utility Geographical Information Systems (GIS); GE Smallworld, ArcFM, AUD, DM, etc.
- Exposure to Work Management programs such as STORMS, SAP, WMS, etc.
- Vault distribution design experience
- Underground Network Design and Analysis in downtown areas
- Electrical loading and analysis programs such as CYMEDIST and MilSoft
- Strong command of the English language and possess good written and oral communications skills
- Travel should be expected
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.